And on the tenth day, he rose again ....

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Ronnie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: And on the tenth day, he rose again ....

Post by Ronnie »

Hi from Belgium Terry,
I always like to read your thoughts on c&f and your site. I learned a lot about old flutes through you. Get better soon !!! :P
fancypiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fancypiper »

Terry McGee wrote: Well, I appear to be back. Appear being the operative word. Back from the arms of Morpheus, and bearing a brand new set of high-speed, Teflon-enriched knees.

Crumbs, that hurt. And still does. Indeed, my appearance here today only made possible by a massive and continuing dose of Morphine. Wow, if this is what drug abuse is all about, no wonder I haven't been interested.
I had a friend to have her second knee operated on summer before last.

I was on morphine (Crohn's disease) and managed to go off it cold turkey. It took 3 weeks for me to "dry out" (very bad joint pain and I lost 20 lbs) but after a week of being morphine free, I had to have my gall bladder removed. That was absolutely the most pain I had ever experienced and I have been on morphine ever since. Balancing pain relief and stool softener for the constipation (as well as 20 mg prednisone/day) with the side effects of the drugs requires more mental ability than they leave me with. I suspect I may have to deal with them the rest of my life.

I certainly can't understand why morphine is abused. I would love to be free of it.

God bless you and I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Unseen122
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Glad to see your doing better Terry; I meant to post on this before but didn't get a chance and I didn't want to be the one to bring it back. I suppose I picked a bad time to email you about my flute last month get back to me when you're able though.
Terry McGee
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Terry McGee »

Thanks all again for the cheery messages. Hang in there fancypiper, hopefully things will take an upturn.

Unseen122, can you shoot me a copy of your last email? I'm trying to work my way through the backlog but it's slow work.

Terry
Unseen122
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Done, I sent it from my college email instead of my comcast because it is more reliable.