My last post.

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
daiv
antispam: No

Post by daiv »

whether or not you leave, it doesnt matter. there's more to life than the internet. just want to say thank you for a post you wrote a while back. i dont remember what was being discussed, but you said that it was important that you enjoyed yourself playing. i dont remember the angle, or what was profound about it, but i remember it really sticking out to me, and staying with me for a while. i wish i could be more specific. but all i remember was that it was the first post in a long time that hit upon everything that everyone else was always meaning, and something that i have been thinking and struggling with lately. i dont know what you said that got deleted, i dont know if you were being a pr*ck, or if you were unrightly censored.

goodbye or hello, either way.
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

David, us Chiffers don't want one of us going off in the night in a huff. We want you here in the light so that we can learn from what you have to say. Regardless of your decision, we appreciate your posts about a subject that we love. Please reconsider.
peeplj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by peeplj »

I'd hate to see anyone leave the boards.

Anytime someone leaves the community is lessened.

--James
BillG

Post by BillG »

unseen122 said:
Even though the post was against me, David please stay.

Until recently I have had lots of respect for you. I was annoyed by your post, I then thought about it from another perspective. I would have been just as annoyed as you are right now if it were my post that had been deleted.
Nicely said and welcome back!

BillG
BillG
- - -
<><
Six Ps! (Poor Prior Practice Prevents Proper Performance)
maire

Post by maire »

I really dont understand what is going on here.
I thought this was a forum where everyone was able to express their opinions in an intelligent, mature and adult manner. If I were to disagree with someone elses outlook on a topic, I probably would try to be as mannerful and tactful as I could about it, and if I felt so strongly that the writer was wrong, then maybe I wouldnt trust myself to comment at all.

Surely there must be misunderstandings taking place?

In saying that, I certainly wouldnt want anyone making personal comments about me for the computer world to see, but then again I would shy away from doing the same to other pople.
Unseen is very young and has a lot to learn, personally I dont feel it is my place to point these things out to him, but it hasnt stopped me agreeing with the majority of Davids opinions on the subject.

And ok at least Unseen had the good grace to offer an olive branch of reconciliation, but now that he has he should refrain from adding any other comments and leave the situation until everthing has calmed down.
The same for David, another decent fella who should also leave well alone for the time being, and not `cut his nose off to spite his face' by leaving.

The other thing is: if everyone knows that the site is monitored, how can we then complain if the moderators must censor some threads?

Thats why Dale is there.
He`s protecting all our honours, and so he should, he is responsible for the site after all.
By the way Dale, a small point, if you are there as moderator and censor, it doesnt look good if you are flippant about the subject, these two musicians are obviously hurt by the whole carry-on, and I get the feeling that they would rather stay on the forum as leave.
You cant take this personally either!

Then again what the h*ll do I know?
Cathy Wilde
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Cathy Wilde »

I think maire got to the bottom of it with her "what the h*** do I know?" statement.

I mean, what the h*** do any of us REALLY know?

Maybe that's a good thing to keep in mind, eh?
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Cathy Wilde wrote:I think maire got to the bottom of it with her "what the h*** do I know?" statement.

I mean, what the h*** do any of us REALLY know?

Maybe that's a good thing to keep in mind, eh?
might be...I don't know...
maire

Post by maire »

Men can be sooo difficult sometimes, us females would never dream of getting ourselves in such a mess :lol: .
Life's too short. :D
treeshark

Post by treeshark »

Judging by her avatar I would be terrified of getting into a flame war with Cathy.

Now after reading all this I think I need some Pie.
Tamadden

Re: My last post.

Post by Tamadden »

David Levine wrote:Bye everybody.
http://www.noosfere.org/heberg/dufour/nighthawks.jpg

Looks like David at the counter? Who is the woman? That might be Harry Bradley with his back to us, I'm not sure.

Tom
Cathy Wilde
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Cathy Wilde »

treeshark wrote:Judging by her avatar I would be terrified of getting into a flame war with Cathy.

Now after reading all this I think I need some Pie.
You don't want to get into a pie fight with me, either! ;-)
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Here's a popular tune to be going on with.

Slan,
D. :)
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Dave Parkhurst

Post by Dave Parkhurst »

Is Jessie still a cutie-pie, speaking of pies...
Dave
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

She's very busy being a mommy, I'd wager.
Hope she checks in again sometime.
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

I seem to recall many of David's posts about anti-censorship (even while I was the one getting creamed by the negative and libelous posts)!

Anyway, this too shall pass. It always does.

Shoot, I ran off as well after a great deal of sh*t. It happens. We get pissed, we huff, we apologize and we move on.

I still stay in touch privately with the much lamented Andrew. A brilliant man, despite his shortcomings in tone and delivery. But once you get it, then it makes sense. I don't agree, but I understand.

Same with David. He's got his way and his method. It might not appeal to many, but so what? It's his and he's an individual with the right to express it.

However......
just because you write a letter to the editor doesn't mean you have the absolute right for it to be printed (in whole, part or at all). You don't own the newspaper, so you don't get to say what goes in it. That's why we have many other newspapers. Go print your own to say what you'd like unedited and unhindered (or uninhibited).
Same is here. Dale owns it; he gets to edit it in any manner he chooses. You no like? Too bad. We are the subscribers (and scribes). Totally our choice to stay or move on....or start our own.

I'm a newspaper reporter who completely benefits from the First Amendment each and every day of my life. It's been said here properly, the First is about the GOVERNMENT not abridging free speech or press. Doesn't say sh*t about private.
In that vein, not everything I wish to report and write on appears in the paper. And sometimes not even in the manner I write it. Why? Because I don't own it. I'm its employee. Does that suck? Yep. Yet I always have the right to question, to comment, to challenge.....and to leave.

As does our good friend and colleague, David.