Accompaniment music for flutes

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
accordionstu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Accompaniment music for flutes

Post by accordionstu »

Cheers for the information feadoggie I really appreciate it. I am in the process of saving for an 8 keyed flute as well so was trying to keep other purchases to an affordable minimum but I am glad that you explained the difference in the versions especially relating to the Irish Real Music tracks. I don't want to buy something that I will grow out of quickly and i very nearly bought this yesterday, so glad I didn't press Buy Now

I agree with you on the midi files, they don't sound great and can be downloaded from various sites, and I have done but mainly for ballads. It is a shame there isn't a trial version of the software to help me evaluate whether its something I will be able to master but it doesn't look like they offer one at the moment.

Thanks again for the info, you've been very helpful, I need to try to justify to myself whether I need this.
Boyd Flutes - For Soprano D Flutes, Fifes and Piccolos. Made in the UK
Feadoggie

Post by Feadoggie »

Well there was a trial version of BiaB up until the RealTracks facilities were added. The size of the BiaB package is immense with the added content for loops. 120GB or there abouts. So that made it very impractical to have a trial version. I'll try to cobble up some sample tracks for you in both RealTracks and Midi over the next week. You can hear the difference and hopefully that'll give you a better idea of what I am talking about.

Cheers.

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
Feadoggie

Post by Feadoggie »

OK. So here is an example of what you get with and without the RealTracks sound files.

I picked a jig from Al Warnock's files, Garret Barry's Jig. I did not change the content of the file at all except to reduce the volume of the melody voice. The tempo, the key, the chords, etc. are as supplied by Al Warnock. Thanks you, Mr Warnock, for all of your work.

The first example is just as the file played in BiaB without any changes at all, including the assigned style.

https://soundcloud.com/feadoggie/garret ... g-midi-wav

For the second example all I did was to change the style to the RealTracks Jig style.

https://soundcloud.com/feadoggie/garret ... jig-rt-wav

What do you think?

Let me know if you cannot access the files. I just signed up for Soundcloud so I may not have a handle on that yet.
I am off to dinner with family for the new year.

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.