Found: Acoustic Nirvana

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
treeshark
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by treeshark »

Cubitt wrote:I like my front room, where the high ceiling can reverberate with a resonance that touches my soul. I am often tempted to look up towards the 60-foot high dome as I play and enjoy how the frescoe artwork appears to sway in the soft candlelight. Sometimes, I will play a delicate slow air as the choir assembles quietly in the gallery, their swishing robes the only sound cascading down to me along with the flute tones that literally fill the room until it feels as if we will all move as one in an upward ascent into the cosmos.

But usually, I just use the garage.
:lol: :lol:

I get that feeling in my stair well, even the crassest noodling sounds wonderful... then I go back into my livingroom and I sound ten times worse than before my expedition, which is why I don't play on the stair much...
mahanpots
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

my nirvana

Post by mahanpots »

I play all over the place, but most often with a whistle in my truck as I'm driving -- one knee on the wheel. I get a lot of looks, and I stop if traffic is heavy. Not city driving. I live 25 minutes from town and the drive is on a highway. If you think that's crazy, sometimes I'll wear a set of safety earphones to muffle the sound some.

Off-road, my favorite spot is in my showroom, standing in a doorway that is framed with old heart-of-pine boards about 12 inches wide. There's one spot where I stand and the sound is amazing. The bathroom is a good place - sitting on the edge of the tub-and-shower.

Michael