FS- Olwell Boxwood D- SOLD!!!

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Unseen122
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

This is a real surprise. Come on people, all Boxwood ain't that hard to take care of.
withak
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by withak »

I wish I had money. :(
springrobin
Tell us something.: I play flute, whistle and harp and have been a member on this board for many years. I have tended to be a lurker recently and just posted a response for the first time in quite awhile.

Post by springrobin »

Yeah, I am surprised but can't dictate what folks want. I'm not afraid of boxwood because I only have two wooden flutes and this one gets humidified through regular playing. My other flute is a 5-keyed blackwood Noy. My labs prefer the Olwell- one of them lays her head on my feet when I play it. I think I'd trade the blackwood for a keyed boxwood Noy if I could.
Hoovorff

Post by Hoovorff »

Come on, people! Boxwood Olwells are great. I LOVE my Olwell Rudall boxwood. It's as loud as some other flutes I've heard and played. I have absolutely no trouble caring for it. Very pleasing tonal quality to boxwood, I think.

Jeanie
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Ok, umm...

I have 35 cents, some pocket lint, and a yo-yo. How's that?
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Brazenkane

Post by Brazenkane »

nice pic of Barry there! you can almost NOT see that he's got a hair piece! (I've earned the right to make hair comments btw!!!;-)
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Will you take a Subaru with a split axle boot, a bad O2 sensor, and four crappy tires in trade?

(I like our creative bumping, here)
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Hey, I'll trade you my tipple for that Subaru Cat - and we both know the flute will be less trouble. :wink:

Loren
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

I oil my boxwood flute more regularly than the blackwood and cocus, but otherwise, it gets the same treatment as anything else. In fact, these days, it gets played by far the most in all kinds of conditions.

Also when I go back and listen to the recordings we make, the boxwood flute's the sweetest. Pity it can't play itself; then the recordings would sound great! :lol:
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Loren wrote:Hey, I'll trade you my tipple for that Subaru Cat - and we both know the flute will be less trouble. :wink:

Loren
Amen to that! :lol: This is my second Subaru (the beloved Urabus was totalled a couple of years ago); so I bought a used fancy '01. But despite the nice interior and sunroof the size of a small football field, it's not nearly as solid as my dear ol' '98.

I hear they've improved them again. Of course, I find this out after I buy the lemon year .... :swear:

FWIW, my own boxwood rubber-banded-and beeswaxed-together Murray flute's far, far less trouble than that stupid car. (Though it's much higher mileage from the looks of it ;-))
Dave Parkhurst

Post by Dave Parkhurst »

bumpitty boo.....hey SR, is it still up for grabs?
Dave
"Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom..."
Dave Parkhurst

Post by Dave Parkhurst »

bumpster
"Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom..."
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Buy it, Dave. BUY IT. You know you want it. :-) (Then again, most of us probably do!)
jaime!

Post by jaime! »

FINALLY sold! congratulations!
but who bought it? curious minds want to know.
springrobin
Tell us something.: I play flute, whistle and harp and have been a member on this board for many years. I have tended to be a lurker recently and just posted a response for the first time in quite awhile.

Post by springrobin »

I'll let the buyer choose whether or not to be identified. I miss it already, though. Now I just have a 40 year old silver Kilpatrick and a 5-keyed Noy. Both are wonderfult players but there's just something about boxwood that epitomizes what wood is all about. If there's anyone out there with a 4 or 5-keyed Noy in boxwood that thinks they need a blackwood instead, I seriously consider a trade....