CP: SALE - Wooden Flute Obsession vol.3

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
kkrell
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

CP: SALE - Wooden Flute Obsession vol.3

Post by kkrell »

I'm announcing a Holiday sale ($3 off) on volume 3 of "Wooden Flute Obsession", to encourage you to add it to your collection. This offer is valid for volume 3 ONLY. Bundle pricing including the other volumes has not changed.

Sound samples of all tracks and purchase info are available on the ITMS website at http://www.worldtrad.org

You can also listen to sound samples of all 3 current volumes at Amazon.com

Thanks for your support as I work on volume 4.

Kevin Krell
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Julia Delaney
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

Re: CP: SALE - Wooden Flute Obsession vol.3

Post by Julia Delaney »

Buy this-- it's the cheapest, best present you could give a fluter. Or a fluter-fan.
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale
Irish Marine

Post by Irish Marine »

Love mine! Get it if you don't have it already. Great tunes by great musicians.
sponge
Tell us something.: irish music, specifically slow airs played on different whistle keys, also lower keyed flutes like Bb, but only from modern makers who have managed to get the hole spacing a little closer. And finally learning some fiddle tunes, mainly slow airs again so that the whole family don't go mad with the sound of a cat being strangled.

Post by sponge »

Hi all,

is there any site that allows the download of the flute obsession cd's, I have searched all over and cant find any Uk based
sources to buy the cd, Amazon uk don't have it, id rather get a download if possible, it saves me having to rip it to my mp3
and tascam trainer/player and its better than waiting forever for parcelfarce to deliver as it seems the only outlet is in the
USA and its disc only.

failing the download, if anyone UK based has one they want to sell drop us a line.

cheers sponge
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

sponge wrote:Hi all,

is there any site that allows the download of the flute obsession cd's, I have searched all over and cant find any Uk based
sources to buy the cd, Amazon uk don't have it, id rather get a download if possible, it saves me having to rip it to my mp3
and tascam trainer/player and its better than waiting forever for parcelfarce to deliver as it seems the only outlet is in the
USA and its disc only.

failing the download, if anyone UK based has one they want to sell drop us a line.

cheers sponge
Sorry, sponge, we don't offer downloads. It's a bit tougher to do then other projects might be, as I make sure the musicians retain all rights to their work. So, with about 90 contracts per volume, I'd have to re-do 'em all. Still not sure if digital delivery can be accomplished in a fair manner for volume 4, either. I think it's going to remain physical CDs, and then you can do with them what you'd like after that.

The dealer list is here: http://worldtrad.org/WFO_CD_dealers.htm

I've found it usually only takes a 1-2 weeks for physical delivery by International First Class Postal Mail, but you do have to deal with any VAT/Customs and collection fees by the crooks at your end.

Kevin Krell
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
BigDavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by BigDavy »

Hi sponge

I bought the volumes 1-3 direct from Kevin - there were no problems he posted them and I got them 3 days later.

As you are buying only one double cd at the price Kevin is charging for them (including postage) , then it will not even be liable for customs duty etc, it will be delivered right to you.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
ChrisCracknell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ChrisCracknell »

I ordered all 3 CDs from Kevin and when they didn't arrive he promptly sent a second set at no extra cost which did arrive quickly. The original set then turned up after four months :swear: in the hands of the German customs without incurring any duty or VAT - just delayed for no concrete reason!

So, Kevin has my vote as a good guy to deal with and very good customer service. The German Customs organisation doesn't...

And the CDs are excellent.
drewr
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by drewr »

Is there a timeframe for the release of Volume #4 ?
kkrell

Post by kkrell »

drewr wrote:Is there a timeframe for the release of Volume #4 ?
Due in 2008.

Maybe this will distract you:
http://www.worldtrad.org/guitar.htm