Jennie's on a CD!

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
HDSarah
antispam: No

Jennie's on a CD!

Post by HDSarah »

I didn't think Jennie would toot her own horn about playing her own flute (and whistles). She appears on Ice Jam's newly-released CD, Tanana Mud and other songs from the North, on tracks #4, 8, 10, and 12. You can listen to 2-minute samples of all the tracks at http://cdbaby.com/cd/icejam

In part of track #10, ''Jenny Kelley,'' Jennie plays at least two whistles and flute simultaneously! :o It's pretty cool; give it a listen. Jennie also plays whistle on my composition ''December Day'' (track eight*); thanks again for doing that, Jennie! My mom said that ''Candlelight Waltz'' (track 12) was so beautiful it brought tears to her eyes. And ''Kelly Family Waltz'' (track 4) is great, too.

Being a member of the band, I'm on there too. :wink: I play whistle (a Sindt A) on track #6, and hammered dulcimer on all tracks except #5 and 11.

*I've edited this post a bunch of times trying to type in the numeral for eight. I always get the icon of the red smiley face with sunglasses.
ICE JAM: "dam" good music that won't leave you cold. Check out our CD at http://cdbaby.com/cd/icejam
Jon C.
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Re: Jennie's on a CD!

Post by Jon C. »

HDSarah wrote:I didn't think Jennie would toot her own horn about playing her own flute (and whistles). She appears on Ice Jam's newly-released CD, Tanana Mud and other songs from the North, on tracks #4, 8, 10, and 12. You can listen to 2-minute samples of all the tracks at http://cdbaby.com/cd/icejam

In part of track #10, ''Jenny Kelley,'' Jennie plays at least two whistles and flute simultaneously! :o It's pretty cool; give it a listen. Jennie also plays whistle on my composition ''December Day'' (track eight*); thanks again for doing that, Jennie! My mom said that ''Candlelight Waltz'' (track 12) was so beautiful it brought tears to her eyes. And ''Kelly Family Waltz'' (track 4) is great, too.

Being a member of the band, I'm on there too. :wink: I play whistle (a Sindt A) on track #6, and hammered dulcimer on all tracks except #5 and 11.

*I've edited this post a bunch of times trying to type in the numeral for eight. I always get the icon of the red smiley face with sunglasses.
Very nice, you two have made us proud! 8) 8) 8) 8)
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
segv

Post by segv »

HDSarah wrote:*I've edited this post a bunch of times trying to type in the numeral for eight. I always get the icon of the red smiley face with sunglasses.
The problem is that the forum software takes the sequence '8' ')' as an emoticon. You can prevent that by putting something in between the two, like an empty pair of 'bold' tags. Let's try it. If you want to see the code, then hit 'quote' on my post. Here ya go: (8)
Denny

Post by Denny »

8)

Disable Smilies in this post
HDSarah

Post by HDSarah »

segv wrote: The problem is that the forum software takes the sequence '8' ')' as an emoticon. You can prevent that by putting something in between the two, like an empty pair of 'bold' tags. Let's try it. If you want to see the code, then hit 'quote' on my post. Here ya go: (8)
Thanks. I should have realized that, as I did successfully get the '8' to show earlier in the post.
ICE JAM: "dam" good music that won't leave you cold. Check out our CD at http://cdbaby.com/cd/icejam
Jennie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jennie »

Original post should read: Sarah's CD has come out! as she has a much more important role. Some terrific hammering, Sarah.

I went up to Fairbanks for two separate recording sessions. The band, Ice Jam, gets together every week at least. I get to play when I'm there or when one of them is here, which is too rare.

The whole experience was both humbling and inspiring for me. I felt so alone with my headphones on and the naked sound of my flute or whistle. There are some very nice songs and tunes here. It was a privilege to be asked to play along.

Jennie
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Very impressed. Most enjoyable!
dow
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by dow »

Congrats, Jennie! What a great thing to do.
Jennie plays at least two whistles and flute simultaneously! eek
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around that one. :boggle: :boggle:
Dow Mathis ∴
Boerne, TX
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool.
Cathy Wilde
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Cathy Wilde »

dow wrote:Congrats, Jennie! What a great thing to do.
I'm not surprised. :-)

Congratulations, Jennie! Can't wait to hear. And gosh, do I remember you worrying what, only two years ago, that you'd never be able to play the flute .....? XOOOOOOOOOOX! --- cat.
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Jennie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jennie »

dow wrote:Congrats, Jennie! What a great thing to do.
I just now listened to that track for the first time, final cut. Talk to the sound man! Usually I can only play two instruments at a time... :)

Jennie
Denny

Post by Denny »

one whistle in each nostril?

the Rassan Roland Kirk of folk!
HDSarah

Post by HDSarah »

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone!

I think this thread is the first time I've ventured into the Flute Forum. (Don't tell: I play whistle but NOT FLUTE! Shhhh . . . the bouncers might kick me off. Or, more dangerous, the Flute Evangelists might try to convert me. :o ) I put this here because I wanted to be sure Jennie's online flute buddies got to hear her fantastic playing. It really adds a lot to the CD, and we appreciate it.
Cork

Post by Cork »

HDSarah wrote:...Or, more dangerous, the Flute Evangelists might try to convert me...
Well, now that you're here...