Posting clips

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
cocusflute

Great Tune

Post by cocusflute »

Onkel, Yes, that's a great tune. It's the second on a medley from an old tape Michel did called "Celtic Contraband," probably in the early eighties.
There are three tunes in the medley: Tricia Shannon's/Jerry Doyle's/Lose the Head.
There is some connection here with Gary Shannon, who has an album called "Lose the Head," but I'm not sure whether Michel got them from Gary.
The struggle in Palestine is an American war, waged from Israel, America's most heavily armed foreign base and client state. We don't think of the war in such terms. Its assigned role has been clear: the destruction of Arab culture and nationalism.
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

I've finally gotten my ass in gear and recorded a couple of tunes on my new (to me) Cameron Grenser one-key. These are with the A415 middle joint. First, The Princess Royal:

http://www.box.net/shared/to55vsh1k7

A little different from the version that Jeroen posted, which I enjoyed very much. Hopefully something for some to enjoy in this version, too.

Second, the Largo movement from a Telemann sonata for alto recorder:

http://www.box.net/shared/0e10qv2qzl

I'm absolutely in love with this -- it's typical Telemann, in that his slow movements tend to last all of 30-60 seconds.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Hoovorff
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Hoovorff »

Chas,

I enjoyed your recording of "The Princess Royal." I was curious to hear your Cameron Grenser, since I have one too. (I need to play it more, however! Great flute.)

Nicely played, thanks, Jeanie
rh
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by rh »

nice work chas,

only problem is that your clip further feeds my desire to get a traverso ... :wink:
there is no end to the walking
Liney Bear

posting clips

Post by Liney Bear »

Got bored this afternoon so here are a couple more clips of some admittedly unpolished tunes.

<a href="http://www.box.net/shared/0hly3c7sa4">slip jig</a>

<a href="http://www.box.net/shared/q270fesx4s">mazurka</a>
chas

Post by chas »

Jeanie and rh, thanks for the kind words.

Liney, I love the mazurka. I hope to be recording a mazurka or two and a set of Playford tunes on the small-holed Noy in the next few weeks. Poor thing, I've hardly played it lately because I've been enjoying the Cameron so much.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
gorjuswrex

Post by gorjuswrex »

I really liked the Mazurka too Liney. Well done very nice. Am I right in thinking this is played in a more 'northern' style? Compared to say Stockton’s wing who I think played it with a bit more swing? My own personal preference would be with a little more swing and emphasis on the beat .
As one player to another could try to offer some constructive comment. It might be best ignored. I don't feel the beat is quite as 'spot on' as it could be. If you listen to it would you agree? It might be worth trying to emphasise the beat even if only as an exercise.

Nice stuff well done
Kevin
Lee Stanford

Post by Lee Stanford »

This is on the boehm flute.

Jug of Punch
Last edited by Lee Stanford on Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
rh

Post by rh »

Lee Stanford wrote: Also, How you you guys make links that are the name of the tune instead of a copy and pasted URL?

Code: Select all

[url=website_URL]Name of Tune[/url]
example:

[url=http://www.box.net/shared/z45aobupef]Jug of Punch[/url]
will appear as Jug of Punch
Lee Stanford

Post by Lee Stanford »

rh wrote:
Lee Stanford wrote: Also, How you you guys make links that are the name of the tune instead of a copy and pasted URL?

[url=website_URL]Name of Tune[/url]
example:

[url=http://www.box.net/shared/z45aobupef]Jug of Punch[/url]
will appear as Jug of Punch
Okay I got it. Thanks! What is that programming language called?

Do you know how to get the play button that triggers the little built in media player on the box website?
rh

Post by rh »

Lee Stanford wrote: Okay I got it. Thanks! What is that programming language called?
you're welcome. i dunno the language, i just push the little buttons at the top of the "Post a reply" window. :lol:
Lee Stanford wrote: Do you know how to get the play button that triggers the little built in media player on the box website?
can't help you there, either... i just post my clips on my website. i'm sure somebody who uses box.net will be able to help, though.
Daniel E

sound clip

Post by Daniel E »

Hi to all,

I tried the instructions just posted before to put this sound clip but also can not seems to play directly, its just a small Handel sound clip played with my delrin traverso, far from perfect but all kind of opinions welcomed!

handel fantasia 3
Daniel E
pandscarr

Post by pandscarr »

Several of us have had this experience with box.net - it must be due to some settings somewhere, probably the default setting for mp3 files. I always open mp3's with audacity, and box.net opens some of the files with audacity rather than playing them directly. But it's not a big problem - I just open them, listen and then exit without saving the file.

Good effort with your clip!
Little Impulse by Brian Finnegan

...not all who wander are lost...
Daniel E

Post by Daniel E »

Thank you for your words , is good to hear your opinion, especialy been myself very new in this forum ,

Best regards

Daniel :)
Daniel E
withak

Post by withak »

Lee Stanford wrote:Okay I got it. Thanks! What is that programming language called?
It's not a programming language; it's just the way that most web forums let you post links. :)