Touring flute in Europe

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
maracirac
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by maracirac »

hi hans!
i think that you couldn't expect from jon to send another one flute, he made a lot already when he put his two flutes in circulation as flute ambasadors.
as i said before problem lies in some members who are or greedy ( think only for himself) and when they recieved somethings for free they think that they could keep it 15 days,1 month or even more longer what jon said as basic rule ( 3 weeks).and then they said: oops, sorry i forget that flute,haven't free time to send it , lot of work...and so on.i am sick of that excuses. in case that they paid for that flute it wouldn't happend to forget for existance of that flute, believe me...
.also, thanks to vanessa our chance to try one of his flutes is reduced for 50%. who knows maybe second jon's cocobolo flute is also sold to some member who was recieved it as touring flute....
when i put myself on list i patiently waited for my turn. now i quit with that story...
for me it is end of conversation about this topic. sorry if i was rude but i am frustrated with behiour of some members.
regards, marin
p.s. also forgive me about some grammar mistakes ,it isn't my native language.
maracirac

Post by maracirac »

hi hans!
i think that you couldn't expect from jon to send another one flute, he made a lot already when he put his two flutes in circulation as flute ambasadors.
as i said before problem lies in some members who are or greedy ( think only for himself) and when they recieved somethings for free they think that they could keep it 15 days,1 month or even more longer what jon said as basic rule ( 3 weeks).and then they said: oops, sorry i forget that flute,haven't free time to send it , lot of work...and so on.i am sick of that excuses. in case that they paid for that flute it wouldn't happend to forget for existance of that flute, believe me...
.also, thanks to vanessa our chance to try one of his flutes is reduced for 50%. who knows maybe second jon's cocobolo flute is also sold to some member who was recieved it as touring flute....
when i put myself on list i patiently waited for my turn. now i quit with that story...
for me it is end of conversation about this topic. sorry if i was rude but i am frustrated with behiour of some members.
regards, marin
p.s. also forgive me about some grammar mistakes ,it isn't my native language.
hans
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been making whistles since 2010 in my tiny workshop at my home. I've been playing whistle since teenage times.

Post by hans »

maracirac wrote:hi hans!

It is up to Jon, see what he has to say about this.

Marin, your have my full sympathy for feeling frustrated and cheated. Hope you will get more chances to try out lots of flutes! I guess there are not many ITM flute players in Croatia, which makes it more difficult for you.

~Hans
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

Hi,
I got a little burned out on keeping track of two traveling flutes. That was the main reason for taking the one out of commission, it just so happened that Vannesa was in love with it, so it all worked out.
Shipping around $1,000 worth of flutes was mainly to give players a chance to play the flutes, but there is the hardship of trying to track them down, and the risk of loss.
There is still the cocobolo flute somewhere out there, so maybe it can be sent to Marian to try out, since he has been waitnig so patiently...
Does anyone know who has it under there bed, and can they dust it off and ship it to Marian?
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
maracirac

Post by maracirac »

hi jon!
my intention wasn't been to put your interest on me and to recieve your flute before someone else on the list.
if all members on touring flute list had take care about your basic rules, list could worked without any problems and everybody will be in position to try your flute and to decide is it your flute right choice for they.
i really want to try it, to take some measurements from it ( remember, i am still in process of flutemaking..) and to order one ,because i think according reviews your flutes are great, and (still) not so expensive...
but now, i am off list, because as i said before it really iritated me.
jon,for you all the best and i will be happy to exist more people like you.
take care, marin
brotherwind

Post by brotherwind »

no more flute coming? :cry:
greenspiderweb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by greenspiderweb »

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:22 am Post subject: Touring Cocobolo Flute
Jon C. wrote:
Frederik Meesters wrote:I received this beautiful flute two days ago.
What an amazing instrument! :)

It's a bit unclear to me how long i may keep it and to who i have to sent it ...
I e-mailed some days ago but have no answer Yet.
I know the flute maker is a little flakey, I have been having trouble with him for years! :boggle:
You can keep it for a couple of weeks and then I will figure out who is next.
This was the last post of a known location for your flute, Jon, from Frederick in Belgium: here's his profile for contact info:

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/profile.php?m ... ile&u=6074
~~~~
Barry
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Is there an update on this? I had hoped to get a chance to play the flute - but has it just vanished from the face of the earth!? :-?

/Brian
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

bayswater wrote:Is there an update on this? I had hoped to get a chance to play the flute - but has it just vanished from the face of the earth!? :-?

/Brian
That is what happened... :sniffle:
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

Jon C. wrote:
bayswater wrote:Is there an update on this? I had hoped to get a chance to play the flute - but has it just vanished from the face of the earth!? :-?

/Brian

Well, someone liked it well enough to steal it.

That is some comfort.

Its still out there somewhere.

I hope it get well loved.

Good thing you can make more!
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
Jon C.

Post by Jon C. »

Aanvil wrote:
Jon C. wrote:

/Brian

Well, someone liked it well enough to steal it.

That is some comfort.

Its still out there somewhere.

I hope it get well loved.

Good thing you can make more!
I kind of "wrote them off", when I sent them out. If someone feels guilty, they can send money to me, and then they won't have to reincarnate as a toad... :D In fact, anyone that feels guilty fro anything can send money! :lol:
Michael Flatley

Jon
Denny

Post by Denny »

:o you've converted to Catholicism :-? :boggle: :-?
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

Denny wrote::o you've converted to Catholicism :-? :boggle: :-?
LOL you said it not me... :D
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
Denny

Post by Denny »

I can't believe that I did... :lol:
Jon C.

Post by Jon C. »

Denny wrote::o you've converted to Catholicism :-? :boggle: :-?
My son, would you like to buy some more indulgences? :twisted:
Michael Flatley

Jon