cotter

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
psychih
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

cotter

Post by psychih »

anyone feel like getting rid of cotter flute? -- i'm looking to buy one.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Chih! -- how'ya been? How's New Zealand?
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
psychih

Post by psychih »

NZ's lovely, but never thought I'd miss skyscrapers and concrete this much!
Dave Parkhurst
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dave Parkhurst »

Don't be suprised if you aren't flooded with responses. I have one, but you'd have to have a bucketload of cash to relieve me of mine. They're rare, but a lovely instrument...

Dave
"Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom..."
pixyy
Tell us something.: Just updating my profile after 16+ years of C&F membership. Sold most of my flutes, play the ones I still own and occasionally still enjoy coming here and read about flute related subjects.

Re: cotter

Post by pixyy »

psychih wrote:anyone feel like getting rid of cotter flute? -- i'm looking to buy one.
Just curious, did you not own a Cotter flute before? I remember looking at some pictures of a Cotter flute before I bought mine - thought they were yours...

cheers,
Jeroen
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

I've looked up and down the web. Apparently Cotter does not have a website and I can't find any of the 'major' distributers carrying it.

Aside from someone else's momentary madness and/or generousity, is there a way to acquire one?
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

He used to have a website eight years ago but pulled it. Loads of his flutes are played locally. He is in the phonebook(an address in Kilmaley, Co Clare) give him a call. Irish telephone directory on-line
BrendanB

Post by BrendanB »

Eamonn generally doesn't have too long of a waiting list, so if you haven't already, try giving him a call. If you are interested in a keyless, you could probably have one to you in 4-6 months, depending on what he is working on these days.

I agree with Peter that Eamonn's flutes are much more widely played in Ireland than they are in the States. They are great flutes. His keyed flutes seem to be particularly good.

B
psychih

Post by psychih »

I did use to have one, but it's a long story and if you love something, never let it go :cry: But all is well, I've managed to get a hold of Cotter at last :party:
pixyy
Tell us something.: Just updating my profile after 16+ years of C&F membership. Sold most of my flutes, play the ones I still own and occasionally still enjoy coming here and read about flute related subjects.

Post by pixyy »

Good for you!
Eamonn makes excellent flutes.

And in spite of what some posts here could make you believe it is possible for a person, or even a business, to exist without having a websh1te :o

I got my 6-keyed Cotter flute after a 9 month wait in 2003.
I used the
telephone to contact him, he was extremely helpful (and funny) every time :-)
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

I know you can run a business without a website. As I'm a network administrator by trade though it's not in my best interest to let that be common knowledge though now is it? ;p

even though I don't design web pages, and never will
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
Brazenkane

Post by Brazenkane »

Eamonn via our beloved Ciaran (RIP) is part of our extended family. I have a 6 key Eb of his and have really grown to love it. I highly recommend Eamonn. He's a gentleman and great maker.
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Brazenkaine wrote:I have a 6 key Eb of his and have really grown to love it.
:-)

I'm so glad. You sound brilliant on it!
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.