Firewood for sale...........

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Blackbeer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Firewood for sale...........

Post by Blackbeer »

Just kidding; however I do have some flutes for sale. I have been wanting to do this for some time but when it got down to it I found it very hard to say good by to these. But here goes:

Pretty darn good baroque flute in boxwood with faux tortoise rings. This was made by Luc and you can see a picture of it on his site. It is #13. It has a Grenser bore and plays at A=440. 400 dollars

Pretty darn good Fred Rose D flute in babinga wood. You can hear a Fred Rose over on the snips page. 200 dollars SOLD

Pretty darn good 8 key German flute. Good pads and springs, usual repairs, not by me, and plays real good. 200 dollars.

Thats it for now. I will pay shipping to the US. If you are interested please pm me.

Thanks and take care

Tom
Last edited by Blackbeer on Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sillydill

Post by Sillydill »

Hey Tom,

Thought I would post some pictures for you.

Here is a picture of Luc Verhoeven Baroque Flute:

Here is a picture of the Fred Rose flute in Bubinga that I had:

I think that Fred Rose Flutes are the "Biggest Bang for the Buck" in a new Irish Flute and Tom's got an excellent price on his!

Best of Luck Tom!

Jordan
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Darn Tom, We're due for a blizzard here in New England tonight, so I was hoping you really did have some firewood for sale :lol:
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

Thanks Jordan; wish I could figure out how to do that. The boxwood baroque has dardened a tiny bit in the last 2 years and there is the slightest of stains by the blow hole, a particulurely fine Port as I recall. :)

Take care

Tom
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

P.S. FWIW to those of you considering the Rose: I had one a couple of years back, and I'd say it would be pretty hard to find a better flute for less than the $200. Tom is asking for his.

Loren
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

That word is darkened by the way :oops:
Yes the Rose is one heck of a flute. I just didn`t want to praise any of them to highly as, well, you know, someone might blast my experience level or something. :D
Hey I`m a sensitive guy. And heck I like my Eb eastindian plastic 8 key. What does that tell you. Not to mention my Dixons and my Cloos. :boggle:

Take care

Tom
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

Sorry I was away for a few hours. Had to get a team ready and do a wagon ride. The Rose is sold. By the way they all come with cases which I forgot to mention.

Take care
Tom
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

Here is more firewood on ebay it looks like they will burn nicely. I like the steel repairs done, bulletproof!
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
Matt_Paris

Post by Matt_Paris »

Jon C. wrote: (image)
Here is more firewood on ebay it looks like they will burn nicely. I like the steel repairs done, bulletproof!
Hi Jon :) Are these yours? Are you going to try repairing them?
Interesting flute on the right: looks like a blend of english and german...
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

Matt_Paris wrote:
Jon C. wrote: (image)
Hi Jon :) Are these yours? Are you going to try repairing them?
Interesting flute on the right: looks like a blend of english and german...
Hi Matt,
Actually they are being sold by Patrick Olwell on ebay at the moment. The one with the metal repair is a French flute acording to Patrick Olwell.
I got enough repairs on my plate at the moment... (i.e. short foot for your flute)
They look like some fun repairs there!
Cheers,
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
glinjack

Post by glinjack »

Actually those flutes would'nt look bad at all if you removed your glasses,
I would suggest that if the owner has a trash pick-up in their area they should
take advantage of it.
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I have been considering trying for them, but I am going to build an Octave Mandolin soon and that will take up most of my free restoring/tweaking/building time.
glinjack

Post by glinjack »

With the rising cost of oil we should be very happy to have acccess to all this firewood that is coming through ebay this winter, and cheaper than coal,
Keep the home fires burning, would'nt that be a nice name for a reel.
glinjack

Post by glinjack »

[quote="Unseen122"]I have been considering trying for them, but I am going to build an Octave Mandolin soon and that will take up most of my free restoring/tweaking/building time.[/quote

You would'nt have to try too hard for those, you would have to spend the rest of your life tweaking them.
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

That would be great. I would never get bored.