Sealing the holes

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Terry McGee
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Sealing the holes

Post by Terry McGee »

And pipes have the benefit of small holes (more easily sealed) and a more robust sound generator (the pressure-driven cane reed compared to our wafty flow-driven "air-reed")!
tstermitz
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by tstermitz »

Despite living in a cold, dry climate, I've never really been a lotion guy. I rarely even use chapstick unless my lips get really dry.

However, just yesterday I found a hand lotion that is very nice. Not greasy at all, soaks in and then leaves the hands soft for hours. I put it on at night, and my skin was still soft and smooth the next morning. Pleasant, light, inoffensive smell.

This product was a modestly price lotion from Whole Foods:

Everyone for everybody
Nourishing lotion
coconut + lemon

It might be an in-house Whole foods product, but the company is called:
EO Products
Small World Trading Co
San Rafael, CA.
kmag
Tell us something.: I try my best to play the flute and pipes. I have been coming here for years and now are required to fill this out for an address change.

Post by kmag »

Terry McGee wrote:And pipes have the benefit of small holes (more easily sealed) and a more robust sound generator (the pressure-driven cane reed compared to our wafty flow-driven "air-reed")!
Although holes are smaller I have a harder time sealing them on the pipes than the flute. Perhaps it is because the end is sealed on most of the notes.
Sedi
Tell us something.: Practice, practice, practice. You're never too old to learn.
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Post by Sedi »

kmag wrote: Although holes are smaller I have a harder time sealing them on the pipes than the flute. Perhaps it is because the end is sealed on most of the notes.
Depending on size and shape of ones fingers, sometimes bigger holes that naturally follow the curvature of your fingers can be easier to seal. At least that is what I found after making a couple of instruments with different hole sizes from very small to very large.