AAA stolen instruments in Milan area Italy

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Michel
antispam: No

AAA stolen instruments in Milan area Italy

Post by Michel »

hi everybody

I really hoped to join the discussions here on CF for more funny matters...

today while we were on our way to Locarno Switzerland for a Birkin Tree gig our car has been robbed. We were in Lainate (Mi) close by the McDonald's in Via Pirelli.
the following instruments have been stolen:
1 blackwood D/C fully keyed combo flute set made by Mike Grinter. Flute is quite easily recognisable as the keys are very tarnished. Typical Grinter case has signs of previous repairs, it's held together with adhesive tape atm. my beloved flute for the last 12 yrs or so.
1 a 5 key G blackwood flute made by Gilles Lehart. keys are nickel silver and rings are copper.
1 boxwood low G whistle made by Jon Swayne
1 blackwood D whistle made by Bleazey
1 ebony and brass full set made by Charles Roberts, chanter by Cillian O'Brien in ebony brass and artificial Ivory. one C key.
1 Killarney tin whistle
1 fretted keyboard fiddle made by Bodo Vosshenrich
1 Irish harp made by Camac, mod. Aziliz

if you happen to see any online advertisements or if you know anything about it please get in touch with me either via pm facebook or via email michelbalattiATtiscali.it
Michel

Re: AAA stolen instruments in Milan area Italy

Post by Michel »

also stolen
a faux alluminium photographer type case full of Birkin Tree cd's
a Canon Eos M photocamera equipped with two vintage manual focus Pentax lenses from the 70's

in the boot the thiefs only left a Seamus O'Kane bodhran, it almost sound like a bodhran joke but it's truth!

thanks everybody for reading and spreading the message

michel
2T00TS
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by 2T00TS »

Hello Michel, I am very sorry to hear of your plight. The police will be involved by now, I am sure, but:
A) Was the car locked?
B) Were the instruments visible from outside the car?
C) If the car was locked, was the boot forced?
D) I assume you stopped for refreshments, and if so, where did you dine? Was it at MacDonald's or some other restaurant?
E) Were you discussing the up and coming musical venue when you sat down to eat?
The only reason I am asking is that its possible that if the answer to C D and E is yes, then it is quite possible that the culprit was sitting close by at the same restaurant, and overhearing your conversation and observing your activities may have decided to relieve you of your instruments. Very often, these establishments have CCTV cameras, and there may be footage that could be very helpful to police inquiries.
F) Were any of the instruments marked with ultra-violet pen?
My son and I frequently visit ebay and other international online auction houses ( as I'm sure plenty of other members here do) and will keep an eye out for you. Lets hope you get lucky and your instruments turns up.
All the best, 2TOOTS.
LorenzoFlute

Post by LorenzoFlute »

Mi dispiace tantissimo Michel, terrò gli occhi aperti sul web...
Antique 6 key French flute for sale: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102436

youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/LorenzoFlute
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

So sorry, Michel. I copied your notice to our Lost/Stolen/Missing Instruments forum.

I've traveled all over Western Europe in the last 40 years, and the only time I was ever robbed was in ... Milan. :moreevil:
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Michel

Post by Michel »

hi all and thanks for your replies
the instruments were in the car, the boot was covered by a boot lid but something was already visible, thing is that we opened the boot to take our jackets before getting in the restaurant.
the Basmatis were already around by sure when we parked because we know for a fact that they opened the car by cloning the frequencies of the remote locking system.
there are some closed circuit camera that might have some footage of the facts. I am waiting the responsible of the closed circuit camera to give an authorisation to show the video to the authorities. meanwhile I am trying to gather photos of the instruments, if any of you happen to have a picture of a Grinter D/C combo that can share with me it'll be great. I need it to send at the authorities so they actually know how the flute looks. I have pics of the Lehart but don't have a single decent pic of the Grinter, feck.
unfortunately neither of our instruments was insured, and we can only blame ourselves for that. no ultra violet pen markings either.

thanks in advance for helping out keeping an eye on ebay and other auctions sites.

best

Michel