Lazarro Flutes?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Julia Delaney
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

Lazarro Flutes?

Post by Julia Delaney »

What about these? Has anybody tried one? It is amazingly inexpensive. Look out Doug Tipple!!

Lazarro Flute!! For You $94.99!!
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale
Denny

Re: Lazarro Flutes?

Post by Denny »

disposable Boehms,

what wonderful times!
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
megapop

Post by megapop »

Awww.... I want the purple one! :)
return null;
Julia Delaney
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

Post by Julia Delaney »

My Boehmish friend had this to say:
If you are seriously asking (and you know I can’t always tell...) don’t waste your money.
Cheap Chinese crap with rubber for pads and metal so soft it cannot be regulated.
Might make a nice lamp if you find a color you like. There ought to be a law...
I take it this is not an endorsement...
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

Julia Delaney wrote:I take it this is not an endorsement...
Unless you ARE looking for a lamp...then it seems fairly positive as far as endorsements go.
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Julia, old girl, I'm glad that you asked the question. If you search this question, you will find all kind of negative comments about these low-cost Chinese flutes. However, I own four Venus flutes, which look to be a little better quality than the one picture on this thread. I have a piccolo, two concert flutes, and an alto flute. My granddaughter has one of my concert flutes. All things considered, I think that they are a great value for the money, although I wouldn't recommend them for young students who would bang them around. Also, I think that you would have a hard time finding a flute technician to work on them.

The last concert flute (closed hole with an offset G and C foot) that I bought has a beautiful dark grey finish (plated not painted) with silver keys. It came in a very well made French style hard case with a turned wood swab, cork grease, screw driver, etc. Actually, it plays very well for a flute that I bought new on ebay for $100 + shipping. I don't take it apart, and I swab it out with one of my long swabs. It lies on the workbench in the basement so that I can pick it up and play at a moment's notice. The closed hole, plateau style keys are great for playing with piper's grip With regard to the online comment which I have included below from a person in England, I also have made a comparison between this Venus flute and a solid silver Yamaha flute, which I keep on my workbench upstairs. Although, the Venus flute is not as sturdy as the Yamaha flute, the tone and playability of the two flutes is similar.

"I bought a pink and gold venus flute for my daughter. I'm a woodwind teacher and was very dubious! However, when it arrived it played beautifully! I did a 'blind test' on a couple of people, and they could only hear a tiny difference from the Venus compared to my Yamaha 574!

I'm not saying it'd be suitable for higher grades, they're really just fun, but the one we have has a lovely tone. However, a student of mine bought a silver/gold one and one of the keys is now not closing properly, so she's going to send it back for a check over or replacement. It could just be that a screw has become loose etc!

Obviously the quality won't be comparable to a Yamaha etc, but the one we have sounds lovely!"