Anyone ever run across a Boxwood Bryan Byrne flute?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Anyone ever run across a Boxwood Bryan Byrne flute?

Post by Loren »

Or even a Delrin Byrne for that matter?

Bryan's flutes don't seem to change hands often and the few I've seen come up have all been blackwood. Anyone out there seen one of Bryan's flutes out in the wild made from anything other than Blackwood?

Loren
Hoovorff
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Anyone ever run across a Boxwood Bryan Byrne flute?

Post by Hoovorff »

That's weird--I was just wondering this same thing yesterday! My absolute favorite Irish flute is my keyless blackwood Byrne. I'm going to call him about getting a keyed one. (He had told me in January to check back in about five months.) Maybe I won't get all 6 keys but the essentials--Eb and one of the F keys.

I was thinking, gee, I wonder if he ever uses boxwood? Maybe someone will know. When I call him soon, I'll ask.
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Lol, synchronicity Jeanie!

Will be interested to hear what you hear from Bryan when you talk to him. Knowing his background, I'm sort of guessing he hasn't done many, if any boxwood flutes.

So a new keyed flute for you? Sweet!
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Hoovorff wrote:That's weird--I was just wondering this same thing yesterday! My absolute favorite Irish flute is my keyless blackwood Byrne. I'm going to call him about getting a keyed one. (He had told me in January to check back in about five months.) Maybe I won't get all 6 keys but the essentials--Eb and one of the F keys.

I was thinking, gee, I wonder if he ever uses boxwood? Maybe someone will know. When I call him soon, I'll ask.
I think you and I both have medium holed byrne flutes. I do, anyhow. More recently he's been making small holed
flutes. When I talked to him about them he was very enthusiastic. Said the power is there if you need it.
Wish I could try one.