uk events

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
gentlemanpiper

uk events

Post by gentlemanpiper »

Could anyone give details of any music weekends/weeks for the flute that are due to take place in the UK this year
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: uk events

Post by kenny »

"Trad Folk" - "Flute & Whistle Workshops for Adults" - 11th - 13th May 2012
Wiston Lodge, near Biggar, Scotland

Tutor is Peter Webster.

Contacts : - peterdwebster@me.com
Ph. - 07890 965511
www.peter-webster.co.uk/tradfolk

Cathal McConnell is doing a workshop at the Portsoy Folk Festival on 26th May if you happen to be in the North-East of Scotland at the time.

There's usually flute tuition at the adult Feis Rois in Ullapool - just checked their website, and it's 4th - 7th May. Tutors include Cathal McConnell and Claire Mann.
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
gentlemanpiper

Post by gentlemanpiper »

thanks for that kenny - i'll certainly look into those - if anyone knows of anything similar in england i'd like to know about them too
Peewit
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Peewit »

There's the Burwell Bash, August 20-24 in Burwell, near Cambridge. Brian Finnegan teaches flute & whistle there. http://www.burwellbash.info/about.shtml
I haven't been, but hope to get there someday. Brian's great, and there's guitar with Ed Boyd, fiddle with Tola Custy, etc.
"Learn what pleases you, learn what feels good, and don't play it too fast." Gary Hastings
iwilson
antispam: No

Post by iwilson »

Brian Finnegan is also the flute/whistle tutor at Folkworks in Durham in August. (I think he is also
director of the adult summer school). Lovely setting at Collingwood College.

Ian