Patrick Olwell documentary

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
jemmoore
antispam: No

Patrick Olwell documentary

Post by jemmoore »

ANNOUNCEMENT! I'm starting a feature documentary on legendary flute maker Patrick Olwell, and though I'm donating my time and equipment for the next six months, I have to find a way to pay for travel to interview musicians like Matt Molloy and Seamus Egan. So I've put up a Kickstarter campaign, and starting today I'll have 30 days to meet my goal or else I don't get anything. So if you can share this link, or pass it on to folks who might be interested in the story, it would be a great help and possibly Kickstart my way to being a film-maker full time.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/155 ... ick-olwell

For those who don't know me, I've been a professional musician for almost 25 years ( www.jemmoore.com ) and have recorded 15 albums, one of which (April Fool's Waltz) actually has Patrick playing on it. I left the folk scene in 2001 to pursue a career in aviation, and I am currently a Captain at Republic Airlines on the Embraer 190 jet. I started making films about three years ago ( www.descantproductions.com ) , and last year had a film I did for the Heartland Chamber Music Festival voted "Best Documentary" at the Music Educators of America conference.

I'm very excited to be working with Patrick on this project, preserving his story, and hearing the stories of the musicians he has inspired with his flutes. It's going to be a great project, I just need to get the word out and see if I can make it happen. I'll be joined in this effort by Blayne Chastain, founder of whistleanddrum.com and BlayneChastain.com where he offers flute and whistle lessons online. He is also involved in video production, and will bring an impressive set of skills and knowledge to the project.

Check out the Kickstarter page for a video explaining what's going on, and some more info about how we're going to do it. Thanks, and if you have any questions, please drop me an email anytime.... jemmoore@hotmail.com

Spread the word!
MTGuru
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Patrick Olwell documentary

Post by MTGuru »

The moderators have approved this announcement because it's of interest to the community. No official endorsement is implied.

If you have questions, you can contact Jem or Chiffboard member Blayne Chastain, who is also involved with the project. Also see the discussion on The Session: http://www.thesession.org/discussions/display/29193

Good luck to Jem with this interesting project. :)
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
dontf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by dontf »

To Jem, Please don't take too much of Patrick's time, some of us are still on the waiting list. Thank you, and good luck!
huffin' and puffin'
jemmoore

Post by jemmoore »

I hear that, I'm still waiting for a keyed-body replacement for the one I ran over with my car (don't ask!). We'll try to keep the filming disruption to a minimum during the day, but I'm not responsible for the hang-overs :)
johnkerr
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by johnkerr »

Just tell Patrick to precede every one of your questions with "You know, this is taking time away from completing [insert name of someone on waiting list here]'s flute. So this better be a really good question." Then you can count on that person to buy several copies of the DVD because their name is mentioned. The more questions you ask, the more DVDs you sell!
Rob Sharer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: Either NC, Co. Clare, or Freiburg i.B., depending...

Post by Rob Sharer »

jemmoore wrote:I hear that, I'm still waiting for a keyed-body replacement for the one I ran over with my car (don't ask!). We'll try to keep the filming disruption to a minimum during the day, but I'm not responsible for the hang-overs :)
Oh, so YOU'RE that guy!

Rob
an seanduine

Post by an seanduine »

jemmoore wrote:
I hear that, I'm still waiting for a keyed-body replacement for the one I ran over with my car (don't ask!). We'll try to keep the filming disruption to a minimum during the day, but I'm not responsible for the hang-overs :)

Now that must have been some hangover!

Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi
jemtheflute

Post by jemtheflute »

Hey, another Jem! Welcome aboard, namesake! :o :thumbsup: :party:

"Now there's a pair of us; don't tell!
They'll banish us, you know." :puppyeyes:

(....and I foresee some interesting confusions arising...... :wink: )

Best of luck with your project!
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Low Bb flute: 2 reels (audio)
Flute & Music Resources - helpsheet downloads
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

jemtheflute wrote:(....and I foresee some interesting confusions arising......
jemtheflute and jemthefilm. How hard is that?

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

We'll just have to remember there is one moore jem.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Denny

Post by Denny »

:D :thumbsup: :D
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

an seanduine wrote: Now that must have been some hangover!
Bob
And an even more frightening sobering up.
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

Jem is a really nice guy...and this a very cool project. He's almost half way there in only 3-4 days!

Eric