Rudall Carte Piccolo Simple system

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
jemtheflute
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by jemtheflute »

This info in respose to a pm request.

On the two RC & Co.s I showed on the thread, the measurements (from the edge of the foot to the hole centres) are as follows, give or take a mm or so between the two;

1/C# 146mm
2/B 128mm
3/A 109mm
4/G 81mm
5/F# 66mm
6/E 40mm

The ebonite one (upper in the pics), #6974 is 305mm long overall (including crown but ignoring adjuster finial) with a sounding length of 255mm with slide fully shut, while the wooden #1783 is 303mm long overall and also has a sounding length of 255mm.

Here are the equivalent measurements for David Quinn's HP Eb, as best I can estimate them from his photo:

1 141mm
2 123mm
3 106mm
4 79mm
5 62mm
6 41mm

Overall length 287mm
Sounding Length 245mm
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Low Bb flute: 2 reels (audio)
Flute & Music Resources - helpsheet downloads
treeshark
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by treeshark »

Here's the Pictures...
jemtheflute
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by jemtheflute »

Nice! Doppelganger for my ebonite one (less than 200 serial no.s later) bar the main material and the shank of mine's short F is inline/one piece where yours is offset and on a longer axle. Good find. Can we have a pic of the tone-holes too, please, and some measurements? I bet it plays very sweetly, or will when repadded etc.

Interesting that, as on my ebonite one, the two F nat tone-holes are not in the same position, the long F's being slightly up-tube of the short's (I can't detect any pitch difference, though). My older block-mounted wooden pone has them equally positioned.
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Low Bb flute: 2 reels (audio)
Flute & Music Resources - helpsheet downloads