Spanish Gaita Bagpipe - curious to know its make??

The Wonderful World of ... Other Bagpipes. All the surly with none of the regs!
Bagpipe Central
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Bagpipes of all types are our interest. Pipers from all over the world have added over a thousand listings of bagpipes and items associated with pipers to browse and search. Have a look for yourself and see how the site can help you learn more about your own pipes!

Spanish Gaita Bagpipe - curious to know its make??

Post by Bagpipe Central »

Hello everyone!

A friend of our site is selling this Spanish Gaita Bagpipe and we are very curious to know what the make is?

https://bagpipecentral.com/advert/galician-bagpipes/

Does anyone have a clue? No bad guesses...

Cheers!
Bagpipe Central
www.BagpipeCentral.com
TapTheForwardAssist
Tell us something.: I play tinwhistle, Swedish bagpipe, Appalachian dulcimer, and Duet Concertina. Here to talk about 3D printing tinwhistle accessories, and get some ideas about tunes for tinwhistle in genres where it's less-commonly used.

Re: Spanish Gaita Bagpipe - curious to know its make??

Post by TapTheForwardAssist »

If you don't get a clear answer here, I'd suggest asking at r/Gaita on Reddit. There are a few pretty serious players that hang out there, even though it's a small sub.
Bagpipe Central
Tell us something.: Bagpipes of all types are our interest. Pipers from all over the world have added over a thousand listings of bagpipes and items associated with pipers to browse and search. Have a look for yourself and see how the site can help you learn more about your own pipes!

Thanks!

I’ll do that.
MichaelLoos
Tell us something.: I'm here because I just wanted to change my location... but it turns out much more complicated than I thought. Do I already have the 100 required characters?

Post by MichaelLoos »

The maker is Francesc Sans in Girona, Spain.
https://www.sansluthier.net/en/
Bagpipe Central

Thanks MichaelLoos!
TapTheForwardAssist
Tell us something.: I play tinwhistle, Swedish bagpipe, Appalachian dulcimer, and Duet Concertina. Here to talk about 3D printing tinwhistle accessories, and get some ideas about tunes for tinwhistle in genres where it's less-commonly used.

Post by TapTheForwardAssist »

MichaelLoos wrote:The maker is Francesc Sans in Girona, Spain.
https://www.sansluthier.net/en/
Thanks for pointing out that seller to us! I hadn't previously been aware of anyone selling the Catalan "sac de gemecs", so I've added them to the FAQ at r/Gaita and posted a picture of the pipes there and on r/bagpipes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bagpipes/comme ... d_by_sans/
aphillips
Tell us something.: I've gone down many rabbit holes starting with whistles and continuing with many different kinds of bagpipes. I founded and run the 30 musician ensemble Folk Orchestra Santa Barbara.

Post by aphillips »

The Seivanes are making sac de gems too - their instruments are spectacular!

https://seivane.es/en/nuestras_gaitas/index2_41.html
Bagpipe Central

Good to know Aphillips.

Seivanes had posted these Gaita on the site:

https://bagpipecentral.com/advert/seivane-basic-gaita/

Not sure if they're the same ones your referring to?
aphillips
Tell us something.: I've gone down many rabbit holes starting with whistles and continuing with many different kinds of bagpipes. I founded and run the 30 musician ensemble Folk Orchestra Santa Barbara.

Post by aphillips »

Ah yes - that is their most basic or student model.
MichaelLoos
Tell us something.: I'm here because I just wanted to change my location... but it turns out much more complicated than I thought. Do I already have the 100 required characters?

Post by MichaelLoos »

Seivane gaitas are probably the best money can buy - wish I had one!
But the more budget ones by Sans or Tununtunumba are not bad, either - just not this far superior quality you get from Seivane and a few other top notch makers.
In fact, for the price you pay, the quality of these cheaper gaitas is amazing, I've never come across an instrument that I would consider a bad one - they all do what they're supposed to do, they sound nice and are perfectly in tune.
On the other hand, I have indeed seen a few instruments by renowned makers that I wouldn't have cared for...