Jon Swayne 'Border' Pipes in Low C

The Wonderful World of ... Other Bagpipes. All the surly with none of the regs!
Geraint
antispam: No

Jon Swayne 'Border' Pipes in Low C

Post by Geraint »

I have a set of Jon Swayne's border pipes in Low C. They're bellows blown (which I've never got to grips with - old rugby injury to my shoulder) Still, they have a wonderful tone. They're fantastic pipes, in good condition.

In plumwood with black imitation horn mounts. They have a chanter switch and a drone switch. See below for details.

https://www.jonswayne.com/bagpipes

I've been considering having them converted to mouth-blown, but haven't got around to that yet. I don't play them, and they should be being played.

New, they'd be £2,340 with at least a year's wait according to the website. I waited longer than a year for my D pipes from Jon Swayne! I could probably find you an old set of bellows if you wish to get started on them.

If you're interested and would like to make a serious offer, please get in touch. I might accept a set of one- or two-drone Swayne G's in partial payment. Or a C Melody Sax :-)

Pics available.

I'm in south Wales. Any transactions to be carried out safely and sensibly, of course :-)
Tri pheth sy'n anodd nabod....
Geraint

Re: Jon Swayne 'Border' Pipes in Low C

Post by Geraint »

Sold.
Diolch.
Tri pheth sy'n anodd nabod....
pancelticpiper
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Re: Jon Swayne 'Border' Pipes in Low C

Post by pancelticpiper »

I've only heard a Swayne "Low" set once, a Youtube video of Jon playing a set of his in Low D. (If I recall correctly, I don't think it was Low C.)

It's one of the most beautiful bagpipes I've ever heard.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle