Leicestershire Smallpipes

The Wonderful World of ... Other Bagpipes. All the surly with none of the regs!
LuifeSpain
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Leicestershire Smallpipes

Post by LuifeSpain »

I´m waiting fot one oh this great chanters with SUPERC-CLOSED FINGERING (I love these fingerings :boggle: ) and I want to contact with someone who has one of this set of bagpipes. I´m ansious for listen a "solo recording" of a Leicestershire Smallpipe for get a good idea about their sound. All recordings I have listened are "polyphonics" songs or two-voiced tunes.

Can you help me? Good pictures of the Leicestershire bagpipes of the owners are welcome ;)

Thanks!

Luife
"Uno a uno, todos somos mortales; juntos, somos eternos." Francisco de Quevedo y Villegas (1580-1645)
wgority

Post by wgority »

I've a set of LSP and love 'em. I like the closed fingering (ala NSP) and the overall sound. They're my favourite set to just grab and play for the pure joy of it.

Contact me off list and I'll try to put together a track of their sound for you in the interim. I'll give one caveat. My set was made very early in Julian's development of LSP (chanter # 6), so the sound may have changed a little, but I don't think it has.
Pipers Gathering--More Fun, More Music
August 1-4, 2008 in Killington, VT
http://www.pipersgathering.org
LuifeSpain

Post by LuifeSpain »

My Dear Friend: are you still here? I don´t know if you have received my mails :(

I hope I can read you soon.

Luife
"Uno a uno, todos somos mortales; juntos, somos eternos." Francisco de Quevedo y Villegas (1580-1645)
wgority

Post by wgority »

I'll have something out to you in the next day or 2..... St Patrick's Day demanded way too much of my time. Apologies for the delay..... :oops:
Pipers Gathering--More Fun, More Music
August 1-4, 2008 in Killington, VT
http://www.pipersgathering.org
LuifeSpain

Post by LuifeSpain »

DON´T WORRY MY FRIEND!!! ;) good things have a long waiting list ;)

I only want to know that the mail system works correctly because we will have a lot of mails until I have my Leicestershire smallpipes ;)

One question: I love the "vibrato" sound in Northumbrian smallpipes (Katrhyn Tickell makes it beautifull) and in some scottish bagpipes (it´s not very traditional but sounds well) ... It´s possible to get a similar vibrato sound in the Leicestershire smallpipes? What finger do you use for the high D vibrato?

Thanks for all my friend!

Luife