For sale: Rare mini anglo in Oregon

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

For sale: Rare mini anglo in Oregon

Post by avanutria »

For sale in Eugene, Oregon, USA. I purchased this mini from Chris Algar of Barleycorn Concertinas in February 2021 but now need to sell to finance a potential new acquisition. It was made by David Leggett. It is about 4 inches across the ends. It has 16 buttons and contains the complete G row for a normal C/G Anglo plus half the C row and an F/C# button. Based on the labels I believe it was made in 2009. It comes with a custom hard case.

Chris's description is as follows:

"It is unique - there is no other one made with this configuration in the World. It is a cut down C/G 20 key with the whole G row and bits of the C row+ an accidental. Like all miniatures its weakness is the size of the bellows which make it quite hard to play anything other than single note tunes as there is so little air that holding notes is hard. You can just about play a tune with an odd chord but the bellows wobble a bit and you have to develop a technique. Having said that - I just sold a genuine Wheatstone miniature and that was smaller - but way higher in pitch and you could only just manage a single note tune. This is way, way more useful. It was made by an amateur concertina maker who was a skilled silversmith so it is quite a decent instrument."

Condition - Very good condition. All notes sound; the topmost note on the right hand sticks a little bit and could use some attention, but it's a VERY high note and rarely used. It's the equivalent of the highest note on the inside row. Tight bellows. It is fast enough/has enough air to play Irish music if you're not going crazy with chording. From a smoke free home.

I am asking $3,500 plus insured shipping from Eugene, Oregon. I can also meet within an hour's drive of Eugene. Feel free to ask me questions! I have also listed this on concertina.net.