accordion air button styles?

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
WaltP
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: . .

accordion air button styles?

Post by WaltP »

I'm curious as to what style of air button other folks have on their button accordions, and what they like/don't like about it?

I gather different makes/models have different air button styles.

As a beginner with small hands, I'm finding that I quite like the "pull down" style air button on my Linnet accordion. It lets me hang on to the air button with the inside crease of my thumb's middle joint when reaching down with my ring finger to poke the lower bass buttons.

My only previous experience with air buttons is the push button on an anglo concertina.
ecadre
Tell us something.: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: accordion air button styles?

Post by ecadre »

WaltP wrote:I'm curious as to what style of air button other folks have on their button accordions, and what they like/don't like about it?

I gather different makes/models have different air button styles.

As a beginner with small hands, I'm finding that I quite like the "pull down" style air button on my Linnet accordion. It lets me hang on to the air button with the inside crease of my thumb's middle joint when reaching down with my ring finger to poke the lower bass buttons.

My only previous experience with air buttons is the push button on an anglo concertina.
I've played with various types of air buttons; pull-down, button, wedge and the one played with the heel of the thumb on one row boxes.

It's never been a issue for me. I've found that they all very quickly become second nature.
Windyonehundred
Tell us something.: I really enjoy playing various stringed instruments as well as flute, sax, trumpet and some whistle. I have been lurking and find most questions are already answered but figure its time to register and support the forum.

Re: accordion air button styles?

Post by Windyonehundred »

I know at first I liked the pull down like you mention as it seemed to give me something to hold on to. As you progress you may find that it really doesn't matter to much and you can get used to any style. Once you master the bellows and playing becomes second nature you almost forget about the button. I really like the long rectangular push in button on my Beltuna the best.