Duet Concertina

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
Geraint
antispam: No

Duet Concertina

Post by Geraint »

Hello all.

Anyone play duet concertina? Hayden preferably. I've been interested for a while, but have been unable to get an instrument for less than around £2500! That's too much for me to start off - I may not got on with it at all.

Looks like I'll be having a go at an Elise Duet before long. Otherwise I don't think that I'll start.

Has anyone got any experiences to share?
Tri pheth sy'n anodd nabod....
benjaminwilfred
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I do a lot of whistling just for fun, and enjoy reading these forums for inspiration on which whistle to acquire next.

Re: Duet Concertina

Post by benjaminwilfred »

[Thread revival. - Mod]

I know this is an old post, but I just found this forum today. So, if you're by chance still contemplating picking up a Hayden Duet... I acquired a used Stagi Hayden Duet some years back for well under $1000, and I love playing it. (Of course I'd love to try one of those $5000 instruments some day, but that's a lot of $$). The Hayden system is intuitive and versatile. I do a lot of self-accompaniment, playing chords (often arpeggiated) with the left hand while playing melody (and occasionally some harmony as well) with the right hand. I find the Hayden Duet particularly well suited to that kind of playing. I really like it.