B/C Advice for a noob

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
Seamie
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Uilleann piper from Maigh-eo now in Northeast US. Flute noob. Learn a lot from the discussion threads.

B/C Advice for a noob

Post by Seamie »

God help me, but I inherited a Serenellini B/C box. (It's a beauty)
I'm an uilleann piper with quite enough to be getting on with, but that said- I owe it to my best mate who bequeathed it to me
to at least try to work the contraption. My very first instrument as a kid was piano accordion, but this "push me-pull you" stuff...?
I don't have access to an instructor, but I'm a good musician with a good ear, so I'm hoping for any suggestions-re: Tutorials.

Thanks and wish me luck
Seamus
Seamie
Tell us something.: Uilleann piper from Maigh-eo now in Northeast US. Flute noob. Learn a lot from the discussion threads.

Re: B/C Advice for a noob

Post by Seamie »

Never mind....I have a better chance of becoming a Navy Seal, thanks anyhoo.
Mudchutney
Tell us something.: I'm an accordion player, I love playing Irish music. I also run a shop called Mudchutney selling folk music themed clothing, go take a look, I think it's brilliant! I'm registering because I love all things folky and music related so want to share the love, and read more and more about this kind of stuff. Is that enough? Feels weird writing like this...kind of like trying to be a real person, which obviously I am, but you don't know that.

Post by Mudchutney »

Your mate must have had a great sense of humour to leave a piper a B/C box! Must remember to buy a cheap banjo and change my will to say that my box playing pal has to learn it!!
Instruments: Saltarelle Bourroche CBA (C system)
Music: mainly Irish, but also some Scottish / English / French
Seamie

Post by Seamie »

He was a diabolical bugger, for certain. I'm sure he did it to repay all those Accordion (and Banjo) jokes over the years.
Better yet for your pal.....howz about a nice set of Bflat Uilleann pipes?

I put it up for sale in Used Instruments