Offering Flute and Whistle lessons in NY and over Skype!

Post here if you are looking for a music teacher or if you want to make yourself available to accept students. See the Guidelines before posting.
ChristinaClasses
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi there! I am interested in joining the forum because I am a flute and whistle teacher who is offering classes in person or on Skype.

Offering Flute and Whistle lessons in NY and over Skype!

Post by ChristinaClasses »

Hi there,

I am a musician from County Dublin who plays Irish flute and tin whistle. I have over 10 years of experience teaching Irish music privately, in groups, at international festivals, and for various arts organizations. I have taught at the Fleadh Cheoil summer school (Scoil Éigse) in Ireland and have adjudicated at various Fleadh competitions both in Ireland and in the USA. I just recently moved to the Hudson Valley area, and am offering private lessons in person or over Skype. All levels welcome. If you or someone you know might be interested, please get in touch and we'll organize a time! More details here: https://www.christinadolphinmusic.com/

best,

Christina Dolphin
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: Offering Flute and Whistle lessons in NY and over Skype!

Post by benhall.1 »

Hi Christina. I played with you in a couple of sessions in Devitts two or three years ago. You were awesome! On those occasions you were playing flute. A CV can only do so much - the playing I heard was something else entirely! :thumbsup: :)
ChristinaClasses
Tell us something.: Hi there! I am interested in joining the forum because I am a flute and whistle teacher who is offering classes in person or on Skype.

Hi Ben, thank you for your kind words! :)
LI Whistler

Post by LI Whistler »

I have been taking Skype whistle lessons bi-weekly with Christina for several months and she is an excellent teacher. She can both perform and teach. Her performance credentials from the past include 2007 All-Ireland Fleadh senior winner in Flute - Slow Airs. Most recently, she is alternate Flute-whistle player in the NY City, Broadway musical "Come From Away."
ChristinaClasses

Hi everyone,

Just posting with some updates. Although I am still teaching lessons, I have moved physical address and web address in the last few months!

I am now based in Dublin (Ireland) instead of NY. I can still take on a few more students in person and over Skype, so please reach out if you are interested! My new web address is: http://www.christinadolphin.com. You can get in touch through the 'contact' section by filling in the form there.

And LI Whistler- thank you for the lovely review above, much appreciated :)

Christina
ChristinaClasses

Hello,

Hope everyone is doing ok during these strange times. I have had quite a few emails wondering if I am still teaching lessons. The lessons are still going, and I do have spaces available for new students, if anyone is looking for a fun new hobby during lockdown! You can find more details through my website http://www.christinadolphin.com, or by sending me an email at christinadolphinmusic@gmail.com.

Here’s a little bit about me:

Christina is from Dublin, and has been teaching and performing Irish traditional music for over ten years. She has taught music at various workshops in Ireland and abroad (including the All-Ireland Fleadh’s Scoil Éigse, the Catskills Irish Arts Week in upstate NY, and masterclasses at the Irish Arts Centre in NYC). She has All-Ireland honours on both flute, whistle, and slow airs on both instruments. Christina lived in New York from 2015 to 2018 where she worked as a freelance musician. Some of her regular projects included teaching weekly lessons at the Irish Arts Center and performing on Broadway’s Come From Away as substitute flautist. She now lives in Dublin, where she is studying for a Master’s in Education from Trinity.