Skype Lessons: Irish Whistle & Flute, based in Lancaster UK

Post here if you are looking for a music teacher or if you want to make yourself available to accept students. See the Guidelines before posting.
Bev Whelan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Skype Lessons: Irish Whistle & Flute, based in Lancaster UK

Post by Bev Whelan »

Hello all! I have just started offering Irish tin whistle and flute lessons over Skype, as well as in-person for people who live in my local area (Lancaster UK). I've been teaching Irish music since the mid-1980s, so have a lot of experience and am a patient and sympathetic teacher. I'm fairly new to doing it via Skype, however!

I'm finding the Skype format works very well so far, and have had very positive feedback from the student end of things, therefore I am now ready to offer this more widely. I teach primarily by ear, and as an augmentation to Skype lessons will make MP3 recordings of what we cover in the lessons and send these on to help with with practice/learning tunes. I can teach any ability level, from absolute beginner up to advanced, and will consider teaching anyone, anywhere, anytime, across time-zones if need be! More info re: cost and contact details, and also sound clips of my playing, can be found at my website:

http://bevwhelanmusic.com/

I look forward to hearing from you!
Bev Whelan

Re: Skype Lessons: Irish Whistle & Flute, based in Lancaster UK

Post by Bev Whelan »

Hi again, I just wanted to say I still have a few places left for Skype lessons, I've had a fabulous response and so far the format is working extremely well. Everyone I'm teaching so far is in the UK, but I am happy to teach across borders/timezones if people want me to. Feel free to get in touch either by responding in this thread, or by email at fluterbev@gmail.com :-)
Bev Whelan

Re: Skype Lessons: Irish Whistle & Flute, based in Lancaster

Post by Bev Whelan »

Hi again, it's a long time since I made this post so thought it would be good to update. I have been teaching trad Irish music on flute and whistle since the early 1980s, and have also been teaching whistle and flute on Skype for five years, so have built up a lot of experience of the online format. I use Skype and Zoom, and have developed methods to make the online environment work as well as it can for both student and teacher. I currently have spaces available for online tuition and my rates are very reasonable.

You can find out all the info you need on my online tuition webpage: https://bevwhelanmusic.com/tuition/priv ... e-tuition/
Bev Whelan

Zoom Lessons: Irish Whistle & Flute, based in Lancaster UK

Post by Bev Whelan »

Hello again, answering my old ancient thread to say I am still teaching whistle and flute online after all these (7!) years. I wish I'd not put Skype in the topic title back in 2015 though, as I have now moved fully onto Zoom. It seems a bit rude/excessive to make a new thread, just to correct the old title, so take this as my latest update!

I have recently revamped my website to give more info about what I can do, including my pricing and availability. You can find info about my teaching here:

https://bevwhelanmusic.com/whistle-flute-tuition/

Give me a buzz through my website if you are interested! :-)