Looking for Indianapolis, Indiana Teacher or Group

Post here if you are looking for a music teacher or if you want to make yourself available to accept students. See the Guidelines before posting.
Bretton
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistle for a very long time, but never seem to get any better than I was about 10 years ago. I'm okay with that. :)

Looking for Indianapolis, Indiana Teacher or Group

Post by Bretton »

Hi! I'd be interested in hearing from anyone in the Indianapolis, Indiana area interested in teaching whistle, flute, tenor banjo/guitar, C#/D button accordion, D melodeon. I only own a whistle and tenor guitar at the moment, so I'd have to find an instrument first for flute, banjo, or accordion/melodeon, but I've played them in the past. I've been playing whistle for a long time, and dabbling with the others off/on for a few years, but wouldn't consider myself much more than an intermediate player.

I'd also be interested in hooking up with some folks around the same level (intermediate) to play tunes (Irish, OldTime, Blues/Jazz Improv stuff, whatever).

I'm in the Irvington area of Indianapolis.

Thanks.

-Brett
Ken_C
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Looking for Indianapolis, Indiana Teacher or Group

Post by Ken_C »

For Irish music at least, the Tuesday session at the Golden Ace (on Washington near Rural St.) would be a great place to connect on whistle/flute/tenor banjo. They are nice welcoming folks and got me started 15 years ago.

Best wishes to Irvington, I have relatives there!

Ken (now in Pennsylvania)