We want the Andean-Reggae Black Metal forum back!

Formerly North-Indian Global-Zombie-Trance Jazz, Barbershop-Darbhanga Fusion, Rai-Ska Outlaw Country Operetta , Neurofunk Madrigal Throat Singing, Freestyle Acid House Flamenco, Twelve Tone Boy Groups, Dark Ambient Ragtime Fusion, Klezmer Surf Trance; Gregorian Chant/Bluegrass; Andean-Reggae Black Metal for Lapsed Lutherans; Chinese Opera-Mississippi Delta Blues; Alpine Yodeling-Samba Fusion; and Mariachi-Polka Waltz-Punk Forum

Do you want the Andean-Reggae Black Metal forum back?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:56 pm

yes
17%
no
83%

Total votes: 12

Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

DaleWisely wrote:
Lambchop wrote:
DaleWisely wrote:Music must evolve. Go with the flow.
But what am I going to do with my beautiful costumes?????
I dunno. Be like the palm tree or something.
That's not very sympathetic-sounding.

Sounds awfully abrupt, in fact. Like you're telling me to just get on with my life already. Pick myself up by my bootstraps and forge ahead, as it were.

I thought you were a counselor. Aren't counselors supposed to be nicer than that? Sympathetic? Good listeners?

And have answers? What kind of an answer is "I dunno." :-?

Sheesh. You didn't even ask how I felt about it or say "so what you're telling me is . . . "

I feel very unloved right now.

Hmpf.

I'm busy anyway. I'm designing a seven-veils costume for Nano . . . he seems to have developed a fondness for sheep . . . so far, I have one veil on my head and another one on my nose (it's attached to my ears), but I'm going to have to get some extensions for the Britney Spears bra . . . I didn't realize I'd take up so much room in it.
Cotelette d'Agneau
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

Lambchop wrote:
DaleWisely wrote:
Lambchop wrote: But what am I going to do with my beautiful costumes?????
I dunno. Be like the palm tree or something.
That's not very sympathetic-sounding.

Sounds awfully abrupt, in fact. Like you're telling me to just get on with my life already. Pick myself up by my bootstraps and forge ahead, as it were.

I thought you were a counselor. Aren't counselors supposed to be nicer than that? Sympathetic? Good listeners?
Oh, shut up. I'm off the clock.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Lamby, be sure to check out the belly dancing music thread. I don't know if the "Uncanny Marina" website is open yet, but it promises to be a winner.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

I'm sorry. I appear to have found my calling.

Bless you for your kind suggestion, though.
Cotelette d'Agneau
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Wait, you mean you are going to be a nun and wear seven veils and that Britney Spears thing? How is that going to go over with the Mother Superior?
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Denny

Post by Denny »

Cynth wrote:Wait, you mean you are going to be a nun and wear seven veils and that Britney Spears thing? How is that going to go over with the Mother Superior?
I believe that, as Lamby's agent, Nano is in charge of bookings, press releases and public relations...
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Hmmm. Has she actually met him?
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Denny wrote:
Cynth wrote:Wait, you mean you are going to be a nun and wear seven veils and that Britney Spears thing? How is that going to go over with the Mother Superior?
I believe that, as Lamby's agent, Nano is in charge of bookings, press releases and public relations...
You are referring to Brother Nano, of course. Yes.

The seven veils were kind of thin, so I had to pile them up to get enough for a good wimple. The Thing made a real nice rosary, though. Very glitzy.
Cotelette d'Agneau
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Well, dominus vobiscum.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Cynth wrote:Well, dominus vobiscum.
Et cum spiritu tuo.

Dang! . . . . err . . . bless us, this thing on my head itches . . .
Cotelette d'Agneau
Craig Stuntz

Post by Craig Stuntz »

DaleWisely wrote:Image
[Runs off to pre-order....]
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Cynth wrote:Hmmm. Has she actually met him?
Ah, yes. That was at a rehearsal for an Esperanto production of West Side Story. I was haranguing the troops in the dressing room. That's my clothes rack next to me.

I always said one can't have enough smoking jackets.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Delighted to see you've got into agenting, Nano *cough.* Love the sideburns! It's such a good look for you.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

I did cut a figure, didn't I. Still and all, that was back in the day when I couldn't sit with being an agent and just had to stick my nose in. Kept hoping people would forget I wasn't a director. They fired me, and the show didn't make it past opening night. Well, duh. Their loss.

I don't do agenty-type stuff any more. Too many primadonnas and fragile egos for my liking, and that's just the venues, never mind the acts. I reconsidered my priorities and decided that since it was all about ME anyway, I might as well switch ranks.

I'm still waiting for my agent to call.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Dude, you don't wait for your agent to call you! He's sitting there right now reading the comics whaddaya bet. It's the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Have you considered going into televangelism?