ISI Aceto Violin Neck Strap

Our first forum for instruments you don't blow.
E = Fb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

ISI Aceto Violin Neck Strap

Post by E = Fb »

Has anyone tried these? (New to this forum.)
Current stage of grief: Denial
Driftwood
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: ISI Aceto Violin Neck Strap

Post by Driftwood »

Hi E=Fb. Welcome to the Forum.

I haven't used the product in question although I have used a neck sling. The ISI Aceto looks nifty but my guess is that it might not suit everybody's setup. The idea seems to depend on the chin rest clamp being absolutely secure and I'm not sure I would trust mine. In any case, I have one of those rests that sits entirely to the left of the button so I might not be able to get the best angle for playing. The other thing about neck straps is, how easy is it to put on and take off? In this case it's hard to say without a video.
But it's only $20 so maybe worth a try.

I have used a DIY sling that you can easily make at home from a bootlace. There's a demo vid on Youtube. This worked very well and felt totally secure. But after I had been using it a while I began to realise how often I raise and lower the fiddle while I'm playing (I mean between tunes or maybe halfway through a tune that I'm learning / practicing) and taking the fiddle in and out the sling got frustrating!

The Vio Strap is another one you could try. It looks like it might be easier to use. As for me, I've found the best solution is to hold the fiddle pointing about 45 deg to the ground with the left elbow close to the body, like some OT fiddlers do. There's not much strain on the arm and it takes away strain from the neck, shoulder and chin. Obviously this won't suit everyone.
cassidybole
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a flute enthusiast and what to share the ideas with fellow learners. I have always been keen to more about flute world.

Re: ISI Aceto Violin Neck Strap

Post by cassidybole »

Hello,

Regarding the ISI Aceto Violin Neck Strap, it's always good to hear from fellow musicians who have firsthand experience. If anyone has used this product, their insights could be valuable in helping you make an informed decision. You might want to check out online reviews or music forums for more information.