choose guitar for funk

Our first forum for instruments you don't blow.
mniel8195
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This forum about instruments, music. I'm interested in guitar and have some questions, because i wanna buy new guitar. I hope i'll have chance read answers to my question

choose guitar for funk

Post by mniel8195 »

I’ve just got a new job and I’ve decided that I’m going to start saving as much as possible for a new guitar that I’ll get in the next year. I want my dream guitar basically, I’ve had a look around but I’d like some recommendations as I’m sure the UG community know better…
I check here https://www.stereoshore.com/best-guitars-for-funk/ some guitars, but i want to choose the good one. I'm waiting for help!

Price range I suppose can range from £600 onwards to touching £1000, just make sure it’s worth it!

There are only a few requirements, my primary styles are funk, jazz and rock so hopefully it could cater to those. I would really love some proper tuning stability which I never seem to get with my current guitars. I want to be able to properly bend and experiment with my guitar during solos/improvisations with my band - with no fear of going completely out of tune with everyone else. I just feel I need it to develop from the stage I’m currently at. I don’t know much about the options on that front, but locking tuning or whatever would certainly be welcome.

Following on from the ideal setup thing, I’d also like a recommendation for an ideal amp to go with that. I play mostly clean and I’ve always loved the “sparkle” of a Marshall so maybe something of that range?
oleorezinator
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes I love tin whistles I love flutes I love irish music I love concertinas I love bodhrans

Re: choose guitar for funk

Post by oleorezinator »

mniel8195 wrote:I’ve just got a new job and I’ve decided that I’m going to start saving as much as possible for a new guitar that I’ll get in the next year. I want my dream guitar basically, I’ve had a look around but I’d like some recommendations as I’m sure the UG community know better…
I check here https://www.stereoshore.com/best-guitars-for-funk/ some guitars, but i want to choose the good one. I'm waiting for help!

Price range I suppose can range from £600 onwards to touching £1000, just make sure it’s worth it!

There are only a few requirements, my primary styles are funk, jazz and rock so hopefully it could cater to those. I would really love some proper tuning stability which I never seem to get with my current guitars. I want to be able to properly bend and experiment with my guitar during solos/improvisations with my band - with no fear of going completely out of tune with everyone else. I just feel I need it to develop from the stage I’m currently at. I don’t know much about the options on that front, but locking tuning or whatever would certainly be welcome.

Following on from the ideal setup thing, I’d also like a recommendation for an ideal amp to go with that. I play mostly clean and I’ve always loved the “sparkle” of a Marshall so maybe something of that range?
Can you please help me out? I have a lot of questions about
string theory. Oh sorry, string theory as in quantum gravity.
I realize that this is a penny whistle forum where the greater
preponderance of members play and listen to various traditional music styles.
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love.
Love is not music. Music is the best.
- Frank Zappa
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

This topic doesn't belong in the World/Folk Winds Forum. I've moved it here to Trad Strings as the best, if poor, fit.

mniel8195, you are definitely on the wrong website. I don't know where to direct you, but trust me - this ain't it. Funk isn't even in our normal vocabulary here, and electric guitars are almost never brought up. They're as foreign to this site as chalk is to cheese. C&F is devoted to niche acoustic instruments and styles: Pennywhistle, timber flute and uilleann pipes are among the main topics of instrumental interest, and the genres most often covered include traditional Irish and Scottish music. Stringed instruments normally covered would be acoustic as well: fiddle, bouzouki, acoustic guitar, cittern, harp, and the like. IOW, you won't find much help here, because the vast majority of us won't even know what you're talking about. I know I don't.

TBH, I'm surprised you didn't catch this before you signed up.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

TBH, seems like spam to send traffic to that website.

However, if not, a more appropriate posting would be to either the Electric Guitars or Acoustic Amplification forums of https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php , or elsewhere.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org