Jeanne Freeman

Our first forum for instruments you don't blow.
Greensleeves51
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a follower and collector of traditional Celtic, Cape Breton and Old Time music. I particularly enjoy the many fine fiddlers of the genres.

Jeanne Freeman

Post by Greensleeves51 »

Hello,

I originally posted this message on The Irish Traditional Forum where I saw an old review by "Cayden" of a Freeman-Ringrose-Whelan performance from 2014. Anyone own a copy of Jeanne Freeman's rare CD, "The Fiddler You Are"? I attempted to contact Cayden who apparently has a copy, but his email is invalid. Anyone know how to contact Cayden? He doesn't appear to have been active on any forums for several years. Email me: dawisner @yahoo.com. Thank you.
an seanduine

Re: Jeanne Freeman

Post by an seanduine »

I think you have entered a metaphorical 'Twilight Zone! Some years ago now, during an upgrade and refurbishing of this Board's software, there occured a 'glitch', where two user's accounts were linked/merged. An account for a 'false Cayden' was created using posts from another users accounts. If I remember correctly, the mislabelled posts were actually made by Mr. Gumby. You might ask him directly. Also, perhaps one of the mods can help clear this up.

Good luck,
Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

an seanduine wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:15 amAlso, perhaps one of the mods can help clear this up.
Ah yes, the False Cayden event, long faded from memory. We have no idea how it happened, and at our level of skills or lack thereof, there's no fixing it.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Greensleeves51
Tell us something.: I am a follower and collector of traditional Celtic, Cape Breton and Old Time music. I particularly enjoy the many fine fiddlers of the genres.

Post by Greensleeves51 »

Thanks, Bob and Nanoherron. I'll give Mr. Gumby a try.

Best,

Steve
Greensleeves51

Post by Greensleeves51 »

Hello,

This post is directed to Forum member "Mr. Gumby," who I am not able to email. If you see this message, sir, please email me: dawisner@yahoo.com. This is in regards to Jeanne Freeman's "The Fiddle You Are" CD.

Thank you.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Greensleeves51 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:25 am...I am not able to email.
You are now.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

This is in regards to Jeanne Freeman's "The Fiddle You Are" CD.
I have no knowledge about that. Nothing to do with me.
My brain hurts