Un-freakin-believable!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
jkwest
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: the beautiful, untainted NorCal..yes there is one..

Un-freakin-believable!

Post by jkwest »

Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

I can't wait until they start electronically "staging" ultra-realistic embarrassing photos and using them for blackmail and stuff. That'll be fun times.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Pretty darned amazing alright!
Congratulations wrote:I can't wait until they start electronically "staging" ultra-realistic embarrassing photos and using them for blackmail and stuff. That'll be fun times.
Saw a thing about the latest robots... amzingly lifelike already... and it's going to 'improve' exponentially... does have the potential to be misused by those willing to do so, of course, and there is the argument of 'who's *not* getting paid to do what the robot does... but amazing, none the less.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
djm

Post by djm »

Congrats wrote:I can't wait until they start electronically "staging" ultra-realistic embarrassing photos and using them for blackmail and stuff.
That has been going on since photo retouching came about. With CGI its actually easier to spot the fakes as they are too perfect, too regular in their pixel placement. Any pasting is easy to spot by the different shadow effects around the edges.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Do you mean to tell me that the entire image is a CGI? That it's not even in part a photo?
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

anniemcu wrote:...and there is the argument of 'who's *not* getting paid to do what the robot does...
Yes, and some change to society will be necessary.
I don't think it would go down like this, though:
http://marshallbrain.com/robots-in-2015.htm
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

anniemcu wrote: Saw a thing about the latest robots... amzingly lifelike already... and it's going to 'improve' exponentially... does have the potential to be misused by those willing to do so, of course, and there is the argument of 'who's *not* getting paid to do what the robot does... but amazing, none the less.
Scott Adams, in a recent Dilbert.blog, addressed robots and asked his male readers "Hypothetically, in the future, if a sex doll robot was indistinguishable from a human woman, and you weren’t in a relationship with a human, would you tap the robot?"

His conclusion -- "About 95% of the hetero guys said they would. The other 5% expressed a strong preference for lying."

Adams said that many readers had responded they would only consider it if the robot were brand new (kind of odd when you consider how we are, as a group, not that picky about human partners), and that many had been very concerned that the software controlling the robot might be made by Microsoft.

Those wishing to research the topic further are referred to The End of Humanity (Feb. 12) and Tap the Robot (Feb. 13) .
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

gonzo914 wrote:
anniemcu wrote: Saw a thing about the latest robots... amzingly lifelike already... and it's going to 'improve' exponentially... does have the potential to be misused by those willing to do so, of course, and there is the argument of 'who's *not* getting paid to do what the robot does... but amazing, none the less.
Scott Adams, in a recent Dilbert.blog, addressed robots and asked his male readers "Hypothetically, in the future, if a sex doll robot was indistinguishable from a human woman, and you weren’t in a relationship with a human, would you tap the robot?"

His conclusion -- "About 95% of the hetero guys said they would. The other 5% expressed a strong preference for lying."

Adams said that many readers had responded they would only consider it if the robot were brand new (kind of odd when you consider how we are, as a group, not that picky about human partners), and that many had been very concerned that the software controlling the robot might be made by Microsoft.

Those wishing to research the topic further are referred to The End of Humanity (Feb. 12) and Tap the Robot (Feb. 13) .
Only if the robot could be turned off when not needed.

And it is based on real photos. This wasn't just a made up person. There are plenty of 3D software packages that will let you do what you want with a real model. Texturing is the ticket.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
djm

Post by djm »

gonzo wrote:Scott Adams, in a recent Dilbert.blog, addressed robots and asked his male readers "Hypothetically, in the future, if a sex doll robot was indistinguishable from a human woman, and you weren’t in a relationship with a human, would you tap the robot?"
Gosh, I feel so ... so .... naive! :o I answered Yes to his poll, but only because I wanted to know what the robot sounded like when you tapped it. Really! Honest Injun! :o

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.