5 blades??

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Wanderer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

5 blades??

Post by Wanderer »

You know, I was skeptical about 4 bladed razors. But now Gillette has sent me, for free, their 5 bladed razor.

I didn't even know they made a 5 bladed razor.

You know, if you need a micrometer to compare the closeness of the shave between competing razors, you probably don't need to add more blades...heh
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

I only need one blade...heh heh... :D
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

People who use five-bladed razors are probably the same ones who drool over Hummers if they don't already own one, and beshrew the poor coffeeshop server with an order of a double latté with nutmeg, cinnamon, turbinado sugar, passionfruit syrup, a dollop of whipped cream dusted with chocolate shavings, and served at 130 degrees Fahrenheit to go.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

I must admit, they finally did do something right, adding that single blade on the top/backside of the razor. It is handy for trimming all the places those 5 blades are far to wide for.

But then again, you wouldn't even need that single blade on the back if..... Oh, never mind, that would be to easy.

"Still Straight Razorless" Loren
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Nanohedron wrote:People who use five-bladed razors are probably the same ones who drool over Hummers if they don't already own one, and beshrew the poor coffeeshop server with an order of a double latté with nutmeg, cinnamon, turbinado sugar, passionfruit syrup, a dollop of whipped cream dusted with chocolate shavings, and served at 130 degrees Fahrenheit to go.
Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Denny

Post by Denny »

Ewww! One for each chin!!!

How's that work?
Tony
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

http://www.gillettefusion.com/us/

Possibly more places to get clogged!

Will it really work better?

Photo linked from here:
http://www.deepthrottle.com/Photo/03_lb ... o_35.shtml
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

What I want to know is why they put the lubricating strip at the back. Why would it need lubricated after the blades have already gone over it? Wouldn't it be more effective before?
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
ShadowBG625
Tell us something.: I've been a member of the forum for several years. Just poking my head to catch up on all the latest happenings, as well as checking out the FS/WTB page.

Post by ShadowBG625 »

I had been on 3 blades since they came out, up until I got one of those 5 blades in the mail. However, any chance I get, I'll sneak over, and "borrow" my dad's double-edge razorblade (you know, those older ones). That's how he taught me and my bros to shave.
Congratulations
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Congratulations »

Oh god, another shaving thread. Will the madness ever stop?
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

I think the 5 blade razor is a great idea!

Blade one gets blunt first - it's then perfect to snag little bits of skin and lay the hair down flat and safe.

Blade 2 stays sharp long enough to slice-off the little bits of skin raised by blade 1.

Blade 3 is then clear take long divots out of the flatened hairs making them thin and twisty. - they then stand up a little

Blade 4 takes a second divot from the hair at a different angle - the hair comes off nice and low and needle-sharp.

Blade 5 is the really clever one - it acts like a grader and covers up the sharpened hairs with furrows of carved skin - a bit like a plough.

The "lubricating strip" is actually a kind of glue - it fills the furrows so you can't see the blood or tell what actually took place until all the sharp little layed-down hairs emerge from your face 10 days later and an inch and a half away from their roots after a fun little excursion burrowing through the facial dermis.

The second time you use the razor is even more exciting!

The little blade on the back is for people who just want to shave their stubble.
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
Wombat

Re: 5 blades??

Post by Wombat »

Wanderer wrote:You know, I was skeptical about 4 bladed razors. But now Gillette has sent me, for free, their 5 bladed razor.

I didn't even know they made a 5 bladed razor.

You know, if you need a micrometer to compare the closeness of the shave between competing razors, you probably don't need to add more blades...heh
No no. I'm sure you have the wrong idea. Only two of those blades shave your face. There's a complicated adjustable contraption holding the others in place so you shave both armpits and your pubes simultaneously.

It's really energy efficient when you think about it.
Whistlin'Dixie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

Wow, Mitch, I never saw that analyzed before ~ thanks for that!

I will keep this in mind the next time I shave my "bikini" area

M
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

I used to be a three blade a day junkie, and then I discovered four and now five. It got to be so bad that I would shave 3 and 4 times daily and eventually I was removing epidermal layers.

My wife didn't know what to do so she called Razor Freaks Annonymous and sought intervention for me. I am sooooooo thankful she did because...

1). My skin has healed and no more bloody pillows.

2) I'm back to one blade and shaving only when I feel like it.

3) The dog nolonger has to run like hell whenever he sees me with a can of shaving foam.