Happy Thanksgiving

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by The Weekenders »

To American chiffsters and best wishes to all abroad. It's a decent holiday and puts me in a place where I truly consider what I am thankful for. And certainly, I appreciate you knuckleheads a lot. Where would I surf without you??

:lol:
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

I also want to thank you all, Dale most of all.
And of course I want to thank god, my family and the academy for...

sorry, wrong forum.
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Time for much pie and gratitude! :D
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Best wishes to all!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
djm

Post by djm »

Gee, I just love threads like this. They just fill me up with love of community and a strong desire to see world peace in my lifetime. :love:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

djm wrote:Gee, I just love threads like this. They just fill me up with love of community and a strong desire to see world peace in my lifetime. :love:

djm
Anyone who puts a heating pad for his cat in front of the heater can't be all bad :lol: .
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Which reminds me: I have to rouse myself and take Mubu for a walkies. She'll yow and ick and mutter at me until I do.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

Happy Thanksgiving all.

(Pssst. Anyone wanna work my 2200-0600 shift for me tonight? It's just babysitting servers stuff.)
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Cofaidh wrote:Happy Thanksgiving all.

(Pssst. Anyone wanna work my 2200-0600 shift for me tonight? It's just babysitting servers stuff.)
If I had read this thread earlier I would've said no then too. :lol:
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Nanohedron wrote:Which reminds me: I have to rouse myself and take Mubu for a walkies. She'll yow and ick and mutter at me until I do.
How do you take her for a walk? Does she wear a harness or do you push her in a stroller? Or does she just stick with you? This is your kitty, right? The one that likes baked beans. On a toothpick. :lol:
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Cynth wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:Which reminds me: I have to rouse myself and take Mubu for a walkies. She'll yow and ick and mutter at me until I do.
How do you take her for a walk? Does she wear a harness or do you push her in a stroller? Or does she just stick with you? This is your kitty, right? The one that likes baked beans. On a toothpick. :lol:
Yes, my kitty. I fit her out with a little red harness and a lot of rope that I can play out in case she wants to run a bit. Usually she just pads around the apartment grounds, sniffs at the same old yew-bush (which I can't figure out as I can't detect a fragrance from the needles), and eats some grass and pukes. On special days she'll climb a tree part way. Then she'll see another cat or something else to disapprove of, and decide it's best to go back in.

I've had cats that would stick with me on walks. Mubu wouldn't be one of them. So, I put her kit on her and follow her around.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm grateful for lots of things, but tonight I'm additionally grateful that my mom somehow . . . for the first time in my entire life . . . forgot she's supposed to worry that I'll poison everyone with my cooking and agreed to eat at my house. And was pleasant the entire time.

I also discovered that you can, in fact, make mashed potatoes in the microwave. Even if you added an extra "0" to the time by accident and then forgot about it while curling your hair. The . . . chewy . . . bits are easily disguised by stirring in a whopping lot of cream and extra butter, packing the ghastly mess in a baking dish, layering on Gouda cheese, broiling it until it's toasty, and . . . my apologies, folks . . . calling it "Irish Potatoes."

"Oh! Just like on Titanic!"

"Yes! Exactly."

:D
Cotelette d'Agneau
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Umm... Irish potatoes just means they aren't sweet potatoes.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Reasonable person
Walden
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Walden wrote:Umm... Irish potatoes just means they aren't sweet potatoes.
Which I forgot to fix . . . :oops:

They weren't Irish, either. They were Yukon Golds.
Cotelette d'Agneau
djm

Post by djm »

Lambchop wrote:The . . . chewy . . . bits are easily disguised by stirring in a whopping lot of cream and extra butter, packing the ghastly mess in a baking dish, layering on Gouda cheese, broiling it until it's toasty, and . . . my apologies, folks . . . calling it "Irish Potatoes."
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That's okay, as long as you don't murder the stuffing ... :really:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.