Dear CitiBank Customer ...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Dear CitiBank Customer ...

Post by Jerry Freeman »

We recently reviewed your account, and suspect that your Citibank banking accoung may have been accessed by an anauthorized third party. Protecting the security of your account and of the Citibank network is our primery concern.

Therefore, as a preventative measure, we have temporalily limited access to sensitive account features.

To restore your account access, please take the following steps to ensure that your account has not beed compromised:

1. Login to your Citibank account.

2. Review your recent account history for any unauthorized withdrawals or deposits, and check your account profile to make sure not changes have beed made. If any unauthorized activity has taken place on your account, report this to
Citibank staff inmediately.

To get started, please on the link below:

https://webaddressdeleted.com/

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your assistance in helping us maintain the integrity of the entire Citibank system. Thank your for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

The Citibank Team

Please don not reply to this e-mail. Mail to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your Citibank account and choose "Help" link in the header of any page.
emmline

Post by emmline »

Are you warning or entertaining us JF?
bradhurley
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by bradhurley »

As I'm sure everyone knows, this is a classic "phishing" message, and you should never click on links in e-mail messages like this even if it looks like it's coming from your bank or credit card provider.

If you get a message like this from PayPal, your own bank, eBay, your credit card company, etc. and you're not sure if it's real, log on to that institution's site directly through your web browser (don't click on any links in the email) and verify that your information is up to date that way.
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

Yeah and the thing is, big companies or insitutions will never send you such a mail anyway, it would be a very "insecure" way of doing business.

Some anti-phishing software check if the links in the email comes from the same network as the mail server used to send the mail, but I'm not sure if the built-in anti-phishing feature in IE and Firefox has that option.
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

Oh by the way I got a really fun spam yesterday. About a "loophole" found in banking systems that would allow me to get rid of all of my debts!
Our attorneys discovered a loop hole inside the bank laws, Using this
discovery, we have been successful at totally eliminating peoples
creditcarddebt without them paying another dime. We GuaranteeThat we can do
this for you.

Contact us at:
314-719-2803
Tony
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Re: Dear CitiBank Customer ...

Post by Tony »

Jerry Freeman wrote:We recently reviewed your account, and suspect that your Citibank banking accoung may have been accessed by an anauthorized third party. Protecting the security of your account and of the Citibank network is our primery concern.

Therefore, as a preventative measure, we have temporalily limited access to sensitive account features.

To restore your account access, please take the following steps to ensure that your account has not beed compromised:

1. Login to your Citibank account.

2. Review your recent account history for any unauthorized withdrawals or deposits, and check your account profile to make sure not changes have beed made. If any unauthorized activity has taken place on your account, report this to
Citibank staff inmediately.

To get started, please on the link below:

https://webaddressdeleted.com/

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your assistance in helping us maintain the integrity of the entire Citibank system. Thank your for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

The Citibank Team

Please don not reply to this e-mail. Mail to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your Citibank account and choose "Help" link in the header of any page.

It amazes me how many crooks ignore spell checkers!
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

What're the odds? MY Citibank accoung was suspended today too!
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

brewerpaul wrote:What're the odds? MY Citibank accoung was suspended today too!
Even stranger. I've had accounts suspended with banks I didn't know I had accounts with.
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

Azalin wrote:Oh by the way I got a really fun spam yesterday. About a "loophole" found in banking systems that would allow me to get rid of all of my debts!
Apparently I won 1million Euros on the Spanish Euromillions lottery last week!
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

By the time I got to "temporalily," I was almost falling out of my chair laughing.

Best wishes,
Jerry
carrie

Post by carrie »

At first I thought beed was a typo but I see now it must be the past tense of be. Logical.

Carol
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

cskinner wrote:At first I thought beed was a typo but I see now it must be the past tense of be. Logical.

Carol
Oh!

Very astute.

I wondered why they kept using that spelling.

Best wishes,
Jerry
bradhurley

Post by bradhurley »

Hmmm, and does "anauthorized" mean the same thing as "euthanized?"
djm

Post by djm »

Are you sure you reproduced that web address correctly? https://webaddressdeleted.com/

It doesn't seem to work for me. :sniffle:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

cskinner wrote:At first I thought beed was a typo but I see now it must be the past tense of be. Logical.

Carol
I beed glad dat you seed dat, even temporalily.

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard