Mr. Tumnus...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

Mr. Tumnus...

Post by Guest »

I wonder if there's a Mrs. Tumnus?

Anyway...for viewers of the new chronicles of narnia movie (I'm not one of them) does Mr. Tumnus (the faun) play that odd double bodied whistle to lull Susan? What does he play in the new movie if not?
rebl_rn
antispam: No

Post by rebl_rn »

Well, it's Lucy he lulls, not Susan, but yes, he plays an odd double-bodied whistle, that sounds (to me) like a Native American flute.
Wash your hands. Cough and sneeze in your sleeve. Stay home if you are sick. Stay informed. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more info.
TelegramSam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TelegramSam »

Yup, and all I could think of was "The Dark Crystal" where a character has that same type of flute. :lol:
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
Wanderer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

You can see it here:
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0363771/C282.jpg

He doesn't do a very good job of faking it in the movie ;)
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Well.... at least the actor is cute. :P

*pets the faun*

:lol:
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Mr. Tumnus...

Post by s1m0n »

FenianForFreedom wrote:I wonder if there's a Mrs. Tumnus?

Anyway...for viewers of the new chronicles of narnia movie (I'm not one of them) does Mr. Tumnus (the faun) play that odd double bodied whistle to lull Susan? What does he play in the new movie if not?
He plays it to lull Lucy.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis

Post by Guest »

Yeah sorry I mis-spoke (about Lucy)...I was in a hurry at school when I posted. I'm yet to see the movie still. After Christmas maybe I'll be rich! probably not. Even if he fakes it bad, is the tune a good one?
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

To me the instrument sounded more like a reeded instrument than like a Native American Flute...kind of like one of those Xaphoons.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Dauthus

Post by Dauthus »

To me, it sounded like a reeded instrument, perhaps and oboe? Does anyone know the actual performer of the music, or the name of the piece?
My advice? Stick it in your mouth and BLOW!
oleorezinator
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes I love tin whistles I love flutes I love irish music I love concertinas I love bodhrans

Post by oleorezinator »

Dauthus wrote:To me, it sounded like a reeded instrument, perhaps and oboe? Does anyone know the actual performer of the music, or the name of the piece?
here's your man:http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=am ... 9wgb23d~T1
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love.
Love is not music. Music is the best.
- Frank Zappa