my new star trek style brain washing machine

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
lixnaw
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

my new star trek style brain washing machine

Post by lixnaw »

GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

"I'm 66 years old and was given a gift by a friend of mine. It was the Q-Link that was supposed to give me More energy for all my hobbies, tennis, gym and grandchildren. Also I didn't fully believe in it. I told myself "why not wear it and see." To my great surprise and skepticism, I found that I had become More energetic, More centered than I had ever felt before. It was truly a great gift and now I wear it with confidence and like to share that recognition with many others. I still don't understand how it works, but I can always tell the difference when I don't wear it (More tired) then put it back on again (More energy and enjoy my life More) so I know it really does work. Just thought I'd share my experience with you."
Warning: Side effects may include always spelling 'More' with a capital M, resulting in More subliminal messaging and More testimonials from More satisfied customers.
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
djm

Post by djm »

This reminds me of those magnetized bracelets that used to be sold to do wonderful things to your whole life just by having one on. And this, like your perfect chair, seems to be the same thing - just having one on. :wink: :lol:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
dubhlinn
antispam: No

Post by dubhlinn »

Lix me boyo,

Lay a Pavee curse on them all :wink:

Slan,
D. :lol:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

It must work. I mean, they couldn't put it on the internet if it wasn't real, could they?
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Or maybe he has "More" energy because he believes he has more energy? Self-fullfilling prophesy?

I smell a placebo effect.
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

brewerpaul wrote:It must work. I mean, they couldn't put it on the internet if it wasn't real, could they?
'course not!! Perish the thought!
Everything on the internet is true!
just ask these guys :P
http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Celtic983

Post by Celtic983 »

They forgot to mention that the Q link makes you a better whislter, flute player and/or piper :lol: :P :lol:
I then came home, and went whistling all over the house, much pleased with my whistle, but disturbing all the family.

Benjamin Franklin
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Celtic983 wrote:They forgot to mention that the Q link makes you a better whislter, flute player and/or piper :lol: :P :lol:
Yeah, and it also gives you more vivid dreams and delusions of grandure... :P
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Celtic983

Post by Celtic983 »

Note* The Q link does not help with spelling. Hence Whistler became Whislter
I then came home, and went whistling all over the house, much pleased with my whistle, but disturbing all the family.

Benjamin Franklin
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

That was a pretty hard slam on lixnaw, skepticism or not. It seemed like a sincere post. Scares me off if I have something wonderful, but dubious sounding, to share.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

TonyHiggins wrote:It seemed like a sincere post.
... even with "brain-washing" in the thread title?
lixnaw

Post by lixnaw »

TonyHiggins wrote:That was a pretty hard slam on lixnaw, skepticism or not. It seemed like a sincere post. Scares me off if I have something wonderful, but dubious sounding, to share.
Tony
thanks Tony and Dubh, i don't mind the slagging at all. the main thing is that it works. i tried it out a minute before i bought it.
and some board members might try this hanger out in deep secret :wink:
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

lixnaw wrote:
TonyHiggins wrote:That was a pretty hard slam on lixnaw, skepticism or not. It seemed like a sincere post. Scares me off if I have something wonderful, but dubious sounding, to share.
Tony
thanks Tony and Dubh, i don't mind the slagging at all. the main thing is that it works. i tried it out a minute before i bought it.
and some board members might try this hanger out in deep secret :wink:
The chair wedge works . . . that's not controversial at all. If you've got the usual office chair . . . you NEED a wedge.
djm

Post by djm »

I checked the Wedge out. At $80 its nothing more than a $2 piece of foam rubber that squashed absolutely flat and did nothing at all for me. Gimme kapok anytime. :D

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.