Thre 13th hurricane thread on page one.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Henke
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Thre 13th hurricane thread on page one.

Post by Henke »

There you go. The 13th thread on this topic on page 1 alone.

People are probably going to hate me for saying this but... I understand it's a big disaster and a tragedy, but 13 threads :boggle: . Some of us are not from the US, not that I don't care and feel sorry for the victims, but this sort of stuff seems to happen every year in some part of the world.

Having said that, my thoughts still go out to all the people affected by this disaster in any way.
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

That's how I feel about the soccer threads! So I skip them.
Charlene
jGilder
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jGilder »

Right, Henke... if something horrible happens in Sweden we'll try to remember not to care too much... ok?

Having said that I hope nothing happens, but if it does my heart goes out to them. Image
Tommy

Re: Thre 13th hurricane thread on page one.

Post by Tommy »

Henke wrote:There you go. The 13th thread on this topic on page 1 alone.

People are probably going to hate me for saying this but... I understand it's a big disaster and a tragedy, but 13 threads :boggle: . Some of us are not from the US, not that I don't care and feel sorry for the victims, but this sort of stuff seems to happen every year in some part of the world.

Having said that, my thoughts still go out to all the people affected by this disaster in any way.
I understand your feelings on this. For those of us that live on the Gulf coast and the eastern seaboard, the hurricane season is not over till Oct. 15. And for those that have been hit- it may never be over.
emmline

Post by emmline »

I guess, Henke, that this goes to show you how knocked for a loop we complacent American have been by this. Despite all the chaos theorists, and global warming predictors, most of us just watched this unfold in shock.
buddhu

Post by buddhu »

Of all the hurricane threads, only this one strikes me as being fatuous and pointless.

No offence intended. Just an opinion.
And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no.
And whether the skin be black or white as the snow.
Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong.
As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Henke wrote:There you go. The 13th thread on this topic on page 1 alone.

People pretty much post in the pub about what's on their minds, in this case, the most horrendous natural disaster in the USA in the last century. It turns out that this is where most people are from on this board. Are you complaining, or exactly Oh, my goodness! What in the world??
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Henke, I understand completely. It must be very boring for you to have to listen to our national angst regarding this horrific tragedy which continues to loom in our minds because it's very nearly the only topic on the news right now. The horror, incompetence, and posturing only continues to unfold.

Just for you, I'll go start a thread on Supreme Court Justice William Rehnquist's death. You should find that diverting, eh?

And when your fine country suffers a shortage of birch twigs for your saunas, I promise to listen sympathetically.
Jack

Post by Jack »

I really do understand your viewpoint (i.e. I'm not saying that sarcastically).

If New Orleans were Stockholm I suspect your viewpoint would be different, though.
emmline

Post by emmline »

To put this in perspective, I recall quite a few threads having to do with the London bombings a couple months back. Maybe not 13 though.
Jack

Post by Jack »

emmline wrote:To put this in perspective, I recall quite a few threads having to do with the London bombings a couple months back. Maybe not 13 though.
That makes sense because after Americans, British folks make up the largest number of posters to C&F.
perrins57

Post by perrins57 »

jGilder wrote:Right, Henke... if something horrible happens in Sweden we'll try to remember not to care too much... ok?
Not much fear of that, nothing happens in Sweden.
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

(Name's Mark btw)
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

This thread is a bit of a misfire all round. Why don't we all just leave it now.

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Tommy wrote: For those of us that live on the Gulf coast and the eastern seaboard, the hurricane season is not over till Oct. 15.
October 30. It's over October 30.

Two more weeks, sorry.

And some of the worst storms have occurred after the end of the season.

Dr. Gray has predicted at least one more Cat. 4 or 5 this year. :sniffle:
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

SteveShaw wrote:This thread is a bit of a misfire all round. Why don't we all just leave it now.

Steve
Slendid idea.