FUND-RAISER 'FLUBBED' HILLARY DATA

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
IRTradRU?
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

FUND-RAISER 'FLUBBED' HILLARY DATA

Post by IRTradRU? »

May 8, 2005 -- A tape secretly recorded for the FBI by Sen. Ted Kennedy's brother-in-law has Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's fund-raiser admitting that a Hollywood gala may have cost way more than her filings said, it was reported yesterday.
Clinton fund-raiser David Rosen told Kennedy in-law Ray Reggie over dinner that a donor is claiming "he spent $2 million on an event that raised $1.4. . . . He may have," The Times-Picayune of New Orleans reported.

Reggie — whose sister Victoria married Kennedy in 1992 — wore an FBI wire and taped what prosecutors call an "incriminating" chat with Rosen over dinner in Chicago in 2000.

Rest:
http://nypost.com/news/nationalnews/43693.htm

Raise your hand if you're surprised.
IRTradRU?
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Where's the outrage?
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
s1m0n
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

The Weekenders wrote:Where's the outrage?
Yeah. This is *clearly* of far more import than an illegal war and six figures of casualties.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
IRTradRU?

Post by IRTradRU? »

Tip of the iceberg.
IRTradRU?
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

I bet the government-controlled CNN and junk don't pick up on this... yeah yeah yeah heheheh.. heheheheh... Americans in an iron curtain of ignorance... yeah yeah...
Reasonable person
Walden
OnTheMoor

Post by OnTheMoor »

Walden wrote:I bet the government-controlled CNN and junk don't pick up on this... yeah yeah yeah heheheh.. heheheheh... Americans in an iron curtain of ignorance... yeah yeah...
:D
IRTradRU?

Post by IRTradRU? »

Walden wrote:I bet the government-controlled CNN and junk don't pick up on this... yeah yeah yeah heheheh.. heheheheh... Americans in an iron curtain of ignorance... yeah yeah...
Google "Peter Paul", clinton, CNN and see what you don't see.

Then google "Peter Paul", clinton and see what the sources are.

The ones that aren't there are the most notable.
IRTradRU?
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

IRTradRU? wrote:
Google "Peter Paul", clinton, CNN and see what you don't see.

Then google "Peter Paul", clinton and see what the sources are.

The ones that aren't there are the most notable.
Alrighty. :)
Reasonable person
Walden
OnTheMoor

Post by OnTheMoor »

Funny, the same search on FOXNews doesn't turn up much either. The vast left-wing conspiracy grows. :roll:
Last edited by OnTheMoor on Mon May 09, 2005 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

OnTheMoor wrote:Funny, the same search on FOXNews doesn't turn up much either. The vast left-wing conspiracy grows.
This may be something bigger. Right wing... Left wing... I'm thinking the whole turkey may be involved!
Reasonable person
Walden
Denny

Post by Denny »

Walden wrote:
OnTheMoor wrote:Funny, the same search on FOXNews doesn't turn up much either. The vast left-wing conspiracy grows.
This may be something bigger. Right wing... Left wing... I'm thinking the whole turkey may be involved!
...and a big turkey at that!
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

Deborah Orin, GOP shrill

No need to search Fox News -- the NYPOST is a Rupert Murdoch (FOX News) mouthpiece, and Orin is hardly an ojective journalist. She was shamelessly partisan in trashing Clinton during impeachment, and it's no surprise to find her doing all she can to discredit Hillary. Deborah Orin is basically a GOP shill.

It cracks me up how Hillary has all you guys so terrified. :lol:
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

jGilder wrote: It cracks me up how Hillary has all you guys so terrified. :lol:
I am not so much terrified of her, on my own behalf, as for her positions on abortion. Then again, that's true of far too much of Congress... both houses.
Reasonable person
Walden
Wanderer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

jGilder wrote:
Deborah Orin, GOP shrill

No need to search Fox News -- the NYPOST is a Rupert Murdoch (FOX News) mouthpiece, and Orin is hardly an ojective journalist. She was shamelessly partisan in trashing Clinton during impeachment, and it's no surprise to find her doing all she can to discredit Hillary. Deborah Orin is basically a GOP shill.

It cracks me up how Hillary has all you guys so terrified. :lol:
I'm puzzled.

Whether Deborah Orin is partisan or not, does that actually change the facts? How different is this from when an obviously partisan source says something about Bush and you posting it here and then defending it? I notice that you only trash the journalist and source, and don't really speak to the facts here.

I'm not taking sides politically here. I'm just honestly curious, as a 3rd party observer, how you reconcile these positions. Because, honestly, it really just looks like a matter of "I'll say anything to make your guy look bad, and spin anything said that makes my guy look bad." It makes me less inclined to give your points credibility, and instead tends to make me say "Oh, it's that Bush-hating guy again..yada yada" and gloss over your posts.

Of course, that could just be me. I do the same for any obvious propaganda-looking source, be they democrat or republican, so I'm not just picking on you because i'm a Republican or something (which I'm not).
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

Wanderer wrote: I'm puzzled.

Whether Deborah Orin is partisan or not, does that actually change the facts? How different is this from when an obviously partisan source says something about Bush and you posting it here and then defending it? I notice that you only trash the journalist and source, and don't really speak to the facts here.
It doesn't change the facts -- no. But my post was in response to this:
OnTheMoor wrote wrote:Funny, the same search on FOXNews doesn't turn up much either. The vast left-wing conspiracy grows.
He says that he couldn't find the story with a Fox News search thereby suggesting it isn't a right-wing attack piece. He suggests a "vast left-wing conspiracy" mocking Hillary's claim about the right-wing conspiracy. I was pointing out that his search of Fox News meant nothing since the NYPOST is basically a mouthpiece for Fox News owner, Rupert Murdoch, (Who also owns the NYPOST). Like Rupert Murdoch, Deborah Orin is seriously biased and it does bring the validity of the story into question. I certainly wouldn't trust her or Rupart to present the truth. Personally I will look for corroboration from other sources before I'm convinced. But I don't have much at stake in this case one way or the other -- I was just helping the lads to keep it all in perspective.