I.D.10-t Sighting!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

I.D.10-t Sighting!

Post by Nanohedron »

Had an encounter with the rare and elusive I.D.10-t at Friday's session at Molly Quinn's. We got to talking and it led to, "Hey. Are you I.D.10-t (which looks hard to say so I used his name)?"

*wary fight-or-flight pause* "Yes. Are you Nano (which use might have compromised my already shabby dignity, so he kindly used my name)?"

Having the bond of Chiffers everywhere as well as senseis in common (a combination not to be gainsayed), it wasn't hard to start chatting. I'm sure everyone wondered who this total stranger was, me acting like we were thick as thieves although we'd never met before. I.D.10-t was fairly new to the experience of ITM sessions and just checking it out, seeing if it was something he's like to do. But I actually got some tunes in meanwhile (and despite a major case of the Crud, I might add).

I had to leave early because of the way I was feeling, and by way of parting words, he said, "You know, I'm not as dorky (was that the word?) as you might think from my posts." I assured him otherwise, and then he said, "...and you know, you're a lot older in person than you seem on the Boards."

What...um.....refreshing candor. I laughed my a** off and had to plead Peter Pan Syndrome.

Great guy. If a bit young. :lol:
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

OK. Next question. Who's Tinkabell?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Wombat wrote:OK. Next question. Who's Tinkabell?
Just did a member search. No Tinkabell on the Chiffboards. Yet, of course.

Well, I should clarify. I did an author search, really. Maybe there IS a Tinkabell!
emmline

Re: I.D.10-t Sighting!

Post by emmline »

Nanohedron wrote: "Hey. Are you I.D.10-t (which looks hard to say so I used his name)?"
That doesn't look at all hard to say, as long as you're accustomed to reading vanity tags on cars. Mind you, I'd still be disinclined to address someone that way.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Re: I.D.10-t Sighting!

Post by Nanohedron »

emmline wrote:That doesn't look at all hard to say, as long as you're accustomed to reading vanity tags on cars.
But Em, you're special.
emmline

Post by emmline »

I hesitate to post something this dumb, but you're not reading his handle as
"Eye Dee Ten Tee" are you? Just go ahead and say "duh," if that's the appropriate response. I told you it was dumb for me to ask.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

emmline wrote:I hesitate to post something this dumb, but you're not reading his handle as
"Eye Dee Ten Tee" are you? Just go ahead and say "duh," if that's the appropriate response. I told you it was dumb for me to ask.
Of course it's Eye Dee Ten Tee... it'd be idiotic, otherwise.
Reasonable person
Walden
emmline

Post by emmline »

Yes Walden, I see your point.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

emmline wrote:I hesitate to post something this dumb, but you're not reading his handle as
Walden wrote:Of course it's Eye Dee Ten Tee... it'd be idiotic, otherwise.
Idiotic? Idiotic??? Eye Dee Ten Tee....PLEASE. Tried that , already. Not even allowing for upper and lower case distinctions, it's more properly Eye Dot Dee Dot Ten Dash Tee. Try saying THAT ten times fast. :P

Idiotic.....*walks away muttering to self*
Paul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Paul »

I wonder if I.D.10-t had to fill out a BA-1100-N form in order to get his handle approved. :D