What's the use of being unemployed if....

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

What's the use of being unemployed if....

Post by IDAwHOa »

at 5 am your wife wakes you up to ask if it is OK for her to get up since that is her normal time of rising and she can't sleep. :evil:

Then, a couple hours later she wakes you up again to allow your son to hug and kiss you to go to school and then he goes in the living room and starts a movie (loud volume, of course) because "Dad is awake now anyway." :moreevil:

Brother. :roll:

Yes, yesterday WAS my last day of work and we will be working today and tomorrow to finish the packing (which is never really finished, believe me) in preparation for loading on Thursday to leave that night or Friday morning (Yes, dear, we can get up at 5 on Friday) for our new home state Idaho.

The house is supposed to close today and the money (the most important part) will be in our acount before noon.

Are we excited yet? YOU BET!!!
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Have a nice, safe trip.
Are you moving yourself or having someone move you?
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I've been moved.....by all the excitement of your new journey!

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Have a safe road to Idaho, and may your new home bring you much joy and happiness.
emmline

Post by emmline »

I don't know much about Idaho, except it's supposed to be pretty--keep us updated.
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by izzarina »

Yuck, I hate packing....you're right in that it's never really done.
Have a safe trip! :party:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

Safe journey to you and your family, Steven!!
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

:thumbsup: I'll take some comfort from your success. :thumbsup:

:party: :party: :party: Try to make it sound like fun, eh? :party: :party: :party:

I'm glad that my wife and I will be flying out to DFW (to stay at our younger son's house in Flower Mound) on the 26th, and the boys will then come back here to Salinas to handle all the packing and the move itself on the 30th. I'll just pre-pack a few of my things--mostly computer stuff.

The hard part for me will be not having my Mac for over a week. Fortunately, I'll be able to carry enough whistles to ease my pain--though I'm not sure I'll be permitted to play them much at my son's house. I wish I dared carry my good guitar on the plane. Maybe I'll try it with one of the others, though.
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

It is official now. We no longer own this house. The funds have been placed in our checking account.

Now the mixed feelings start to settle in as we realize that all the work and sweat we put into this house is in someone elses care. :cry: Of course that $100K plus number in the checking account and the looking forward to building our new home pretty much balance the feelings. :)

And packing really IS fun, no really, we are having the time of our lives! :roll: It is soooooo amazing how much you accumulate even when you are trying to not do so.

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
CHIFF FIPPLE

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

Good luck for thursday Steven.
I will be thinking of you pair driving, are we there yet,are we there yetare we there yet :lol: have a safe one keep the shiny side up and the greasy side on the road.
Best
Stacey
ImageStacey has the most bodacious fipples! & Message board
http://whistlenstrings.invisionzone.com ... t=0&p=3303&
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Best Wishes Steven! :)

Have a safe trip to your new home!

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: OT: What's the use of being unemployed if....

Post by brewerpaul »

[quote="IDAwHOa"]at 5 am your wife wakes you up to ask if it is OK for her to get up since that is her normal time of rising and she can't sleep. :evil:

Then, a couple hours later she wakes you up again to allow your son to hug and kiss you to go to school and then he goes in the living room and starts a movie (loud volume, of course) because "Dad is awake now anyway." :moreevil:

All that sleep is highly overrated. You've got time to lie in the dark with your eyes closed when you're dead. :roll:
I never understood the appeal of sleeping a lot-- I've known many people who, if you ask them what they're going to do for the weekend, will reply "Sleep". Close your eyes, open them and it's Monday. Might as well not have had a weekend at all!
I digress.... good luck on the move and best wishes in your new home.
IDAwHOa

Post by IDAwHOa »

Now it just got VERY interesting. Renee now has me picking up the truck TOMORROW :o instead of what was initially Friday and then Thursday.

ARGH!!!!!

Sorry Mike, it is no longer fun. :cry:

izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Hey Steven.........

ARE WE THERE YET?????

Sorry, I just couldn't resist since Stacey said it SOOOO many times already? :wink:
We actually drove through the southern corner of Idaho 11 years ago this month...on the 16th actually. We drove all the way from Washington State back home to NY State with three little ones in the back seat of our Subaru. Not that you needed to know that....I'm just feeling nostalgic :P
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
CHIFF FIPPLE

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

Yes yes, but----------------------
Are We There YET
http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pict ... large.html
ImageStacey has the most bodacious fipples! & Message board
http://whistlenstrings.invisionzone.com ... t=0&p=3303&