Buddy, can you spare a Dime?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Martin Milner
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Buddy, can you spare a Dime?

Post by Martin Milner »

Or actually, a quarter?

During my trip to the States in March, I discovered that there are a series of commemorative quarters being issued, and I started to collect them (now in a special folder too), with generous help from the SLC crew including Cees, Sunnywindo and susnfx, but my collection still has a few holes.

I still need to get the following quarters:

1999: Delaware, Pennsylvania
2000: South Carolina
2001: Kentucky
2002: Tennessee, Ohio, Indiana, Mississippi
2003: Illinois, Alabama, Maine, Missouri
2004: Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin

If anyone has any of these state coins and is happy to spare them, I'd be grateful for the chance to complete my collection to date. Best post here, so nobody doubles up - I only want one of each!

My postal address I'll send in a PM to anybody who feels they can spare a quarter!
jbarter

Re: OT: Buddy, can you spare a Dime?

Post by jbarter »

Martin Milner wrote:My postal address I'll send in a PM to anybody who feels they can spare a quarter!
There's inflation for ya!
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Since postage from the USA to UK is about 80 cents an ounce, I'm sure we can send something back to you in return! Postage from the UK to the USA is 68 pence (per ounce possibly?) which is roughly a buck thirty.
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Re: OT: Buddy, can you spare a Dime?

Post by Will O'B »

Martin Milner wrote:...I only want one of each!
I'm not proud . . . I'll take as many of each as anyone wants to send me. :D

Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

I'm collecting $US100 notes. They don't have to commemorate anything; I'm not fussy. Feel free to send as many as you like; I'd like to get in the Guiness book of records and you too could be a part of it.
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

This is starting to sound like one of those Nigerian scam letters or a chain letter!!!
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Actually, Martin is giving me too much credit. I told him I'd send him some quarters, then promptly forgot about it. Sorry about that, old chap.
I'll see what I can do about the rest of them.

Susan
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Wombat wrote:I'm collecting $US100 notes. They don't have to commemorate anything; I'm not fussy. Feel free to send as many as you like; I'd like to get in the Guiness book of records and you too could be a part of it.
C notes, eh? I'm looking to be the first private collector of $100,000 bills.

I'm also interested in building and/or spending a collection of British £50 notes.
Reasonable person
Walden
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

I have a 2004 Iowa quarter you can have if you need it.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Sunnywindo

Post by Sunnywindo »

susnfx wrote:Actually, Martin is giving me too much credit. I told him I'd send him some quarters, then promptly forgot about it. Sorry about that, old chap.
I'll see what I can do about the rest of them.

Susan

He gave you too much credit??? I didn't even know he was collecting quarters! But since he lists me like I did, best get with it here... :wink:

Seriously though... (opens change purse and finds:)

Here's a 1999 Deleware, a 2000 South Carolina, a 2002 Mississippi, and a 2004 Iowa, up for grabs if your name is Martin and you live in London.

(Number of quarters subject to possibility of increase upon arrival of hubby this evening as he deposits his leftover change onto the top of the microwave.)

:) Sara
'I wish it need not have happend in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Walden wrote:C notes, eh? I'm looking to be the first private collector of $100,000 bills.

I'm also interested in building and/or spending a collection of British £50 notes.
Sorry Walden...I've already started collecting those.

(anyone have a $100,000 they would just love to give me, so I can start my collection before Walden starts his? :wink: )
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Hey Martin, at least I admitted I was looking for a benefactor.

I'll swap you a Michigan for a sixpence.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

I looked for a few dozen quarters last night and came up empty. We don't do much shopping with cash.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

NorCalMusician wrote:I looked for a few dozen quarters last night and came up empty. We don't do much shopping with cash.
Same here. I always feel guilty when I'm downtown and someone asks me for money, as I rarely use cash at all. The worst is when someone asks me outside of Starbucks...the dirty looks I get when I come out with my Gingerbread Soy Latte! Sometimes if a person really seems to be cold or in need, I'll buy them a coffee or a slice of pizza, but as far as cash goes, I'm not much use to them! :lol:

Speaking of quarters...does anyone know if they've settled on a design for the California quarter?

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Thanks all for your looking and replies. I have everything covered except the Winsconsin quarter, thanks to Sunnywindo, Jerry Freeman and jcrazy52!