Any music-related app recommendations?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
daveboling
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Any music-related app recommendations?

Post by daveboling »

Tunborough wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:58 am
daveboling wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:39 amTunepal
The Google Play Store tells me that Tunepal is written for Android 7.0 "and up" but doesn't work on my Android 12 phone. Newer phones are running Android 13 or 14, so David is probably out of luck as far as Tunepal is concerned.
You might want to reinstall it. My Samsung is running Android 12, and the app works.

dave boling
I teleported home one night
With Ron and Sid and Meg.
Ron stole Meggie's heart away
And I got Sidney's leg.
-- Douglas Adams

'Bundinn er bátlaus maðu'.
Tunborough
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Tunborough »

daveboling wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:51 am
Tunborough wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:58 am The Google Play Store tells me that Tunepal is written for Android 7.0 "and up" but doesn't work on my Android 12 phone. Newer phones are running Android 13 or 14, so David is probably out of luck as far as Tunepal is concerned.
You might want to reinstall it. My Samsung is running Android 12, and the app works.
Because the Play Store doesn't think Tunepal works on my phone, it won't let me install it; it won't even let me look at the details about Tunepal.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

David Cooper wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:19 pm
Wanderer wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:31 pm I'm using Android 13, and Tunepal works perfectly on my phone.
I'm getting a message saying "This app isn't available for your device because it was made for an older version of Android", so I can't try it. And it's definitely using Android 13.
That's odd.
I wonder what the difference is between your setup and mine?
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

It's because Google changed versioning required in the app store, starting Nov 2022. Since I downloaded it before then, I got in before this new requirement.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/755 ... der-versio
Starting from 1 Nov 2022, apps that don't target an API level within two years of the latest Android release (API 29 and below) won't be available to new users with devices running Android versions newer than your app's target API level. This means that new users won't be able to discover or install your app on Google Play
The app works on android 12 & up...but the dev would have to reupload it to the store with a newer API target to get past the issue.
considering it's been in version 1.0 since forever, I'm not sure this is a priority for the developer. Wasn't the dev a Chiffer? I seem to recall that from years and years ago but I can't be certain.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

I just shot a message off to the dev to see if they can update the API version targeted in the store. I'll let you all know if I hear back.