Shane MacGowan RIP

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Mr.Gumby
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Shane MacGowan RIP

Post by Mr.Gumby »

The old Pogue has sailed down the broad majestic Shannon.

I'm sad to say I must be on my way, so buy me beer and whiskey 'cause I'm going far away. I'd like to think of me returning when I can, to the greatest little boozer and to Sally MacLennane...
My brain hurts

chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Shane MacGowan RIP

Post by chas »

I just heard the news myself. He was one of a kind.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
raindog1970
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: Shane MacGowan RIP

Post by raindog1970 »

We all knew this day was coming, but I'm still deeply saddened by Shane's passing. I was kinda hoping he'd beat the odds and live to a ripe old age like Keith Richards, but no such luck. It was The Pogues who introduced me to the Irish whistle, so I owe Shane and the rest of the band for that major influence in my life. I wouldn't be enjoying myself working in my shop making instruments that I'm obsessed with if not for hearing them back in the 80's and immediately becoming a lifelong fan. RIP Shane, and thanks for all the great music and deeply poetic lyrics that will forever be your legacy.
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits