Did I miss anything?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Did I miss anything?

Post by Dale »

Hey, Everyone.

How’s everybody doing?

Dale
The Lurking Fear
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Did I miss anything?

Post by The Lurking Fear »

Well, brillig, and the slithy toves are doing just fine but the mome raths.....,
well, you know.

Thanks for keeping this sup and running,Dale. Meself,I rarely post but still enjoy lurking as I have for...what, a couple decades now?

Hope youse is doing well.

Doc
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Oh, the usual. You know, struck by a car in a grocery store parking lot a couple months ago, knocked 20 feet through the air, landed flat on my back, TBI, skull broken in two places. Other than that, couldn't be better. I just found out the fully keyed C foot for my boxwood Olwell is coming in January!
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

chas wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:45 pm Oh, the usual. You know, struck by a car in a grocery store parking lot a couple months ago, knocked 20 feet through the air, landed flat on my back, TBI, skull broken in two places. Other than that, couldn't be better.
Good grief. Hope you're well on the mend!
chas wrote:I just found out the fully keyed C foot for my boxwood Olwell is coming in January!
Keyed C feet are great IMO. Always the question, "And how often do you think you'll need those keys?" A fair point. But I found good reasons to use them, and not just to justify the cost, but because I actually enjoyed the little bit of extra leeway. Never did learn any Dm tunes, though.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Hi Dale!
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Nanohedron wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:34 pm
chas wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:45 pm Oh, the usual. You know, struck by a car in a grocery store parking lot a couple months ago, knocked 20 feet through the air, landed flat on my back, TBI, skull broken in two places. Other than that, couldn't be better.
Good grief. Hope you're well on the mend!
chas wrote:I just found out the fully keyed C foot for my boxwood Olwell is coming in January!
Keyed C feet are great IMO. Always the question, "And how often do you think you'll need those keys?" A fair point. But I found good reasons to use them, and not just to justify the cost, but because I actually enjoyed the little bit of extra leeway. Never did learn any Dm tunes, though.
Thanks, Nano. I'm fine or I wouldn't be so glib about it. Not 100%, but well into the 90's. Been back at work full time for a month or so.

Yes, I've been looking forward to the C-foot ever since I saw an early prototype of Aaron's when I was picking up my six-key many years ago. I HATE folding the low-C. Nothing wrong with it, but it's just not for me. Plus I don't play much ITM these days. I'm doing a lot of O'Carolan, Playford, and baroque music (on the traverso).
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

A decade later and my playing is still at grade school level. I tried to make things more simple and moved to the tabor pipe and then moved to the willow flute. Now I just play a long tube with a notch in it.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
ChristianRo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by ChristianRo »

I joined this forum when Bondi-blue egg-shaped iMacs were the fashion of the day. Unbelievable...
Christian