watching the Tour

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

watching the Tour

Post by chas »

I'm watching evidently the last stage of the Tour available on cable. The further stages are only available on Peacock.

I don't mind paying for Peacock for a few weeks, but I have a question that I can't find an answer for on the Google Machine. Can one watch live sporting events on delay? I'm not gonna watch at 6 AM. Also, can you fast-forward? I'm also not gonna watch for 6 hours. I'd pony up for the premium to avoid commercials.

Thanks in advance.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Mr.Gumby
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: watching the Tour

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Over here TG4 does that sort of thing, if you don't mind it as Gaelige :

TG4, Tour

Subtitles available but possibly geo restricted
My brain hurts

chas

Post by chas »

Thanks, Prof. Gumby. I can't even access TG4 from the US.

I'm really shocked that we can't get the Tour on broadcast or cable here. It'd be like not being able to get the World Cup in Europe. Oh, right, that's the plan. :moreevil:

ETA: comparing cycling in the US and football in Europe is, of course, ridiculous. Cycling's not big here.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
chas

Post by chas »

Well, smack my ass and call me Sally.

The broadcast on Friday said it was the last broadcast and we'd have to subscribe to Peacock. I looked it up, and everything I found said Peacock only. I'd set the DVR to record the Tour, and I've gotten the last two days. Watching (on delay) the climb of the Puy de Dome. Really exciting, especially for us Yanks.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods