90 seconds

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Mr.Gumby
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

90 seconds

Post by Mr.Gumby »

My brain hurts

PB+J
Tell us something.: I'm a historian and the author of "The Beat Cop:Chicago's Chief O'Neill and the Creation of Irish Music," published by the University of Chicago in 2022. I live in Arlington VA and play the flute sincerely but not well

Re: 90 seconds

Post by PB+J »

Don't want to violate forum rules but yes, worrisome.

We live about 5 miles from the pentagon
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

Plenty O' Time
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
PB+J
Tell us something.: I'm a historian and the author of "The Beat Cop:Chicago's Chief O'Neill and the Creation of Irish Music," published by the University of Chicago in 2022. I live in Arlington VA and play the flute sincerely but not well

Post by PB+J »

I had dinner the other night with a friend, a physicist who worked for decades in US nuclear policy analysis including for DARPA, which is a center and clearinghouse for cutting edge or possibly crazy technologies and ideas. He said he knew the editor of the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists, and that she complained about the clock and wished it would go away. It took up a lot of time and the people making decisions about the clock generally knew a lot about physics but relatively little about policy or politics or diplomacy: that is, they were no more qualified than an ordinary educated person to draw conclusions about the immanence of nuclear war.

Still plenty of reasons to be worried