Hay and Watchya from a Brit in Norway

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Mizmar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a late starter in music. Other then a year of clarinet age 10. Started sax age 55 and added a little piano but Nay is my proper second installment. Now I'm exploring the whistle. I like fora because it's like chatting in a pub and you learn stuff socially.

Hay and Watchya from a Brit in Norway

Post by Mizmar »

As policy says new users need to post 3 times...

So, I'm a late starter to music playing - more curious than musical. 1 year clarinet as a kid... Then 40 years later Autodidactically: 7 years on sax, a few on piano (mostly to learn received western theory), 2 on Nay and now just got curious about the whistle, so a few weeks on a Lír D whistle. Which is lovely. Also study (world) music history and theories.

I down loaded and am following a Ducke book - which has lots of mp3 tunes I'm trying to learn by ear, as well as follow instruction.

Anyway hi and looking forward to learning lots from here and maybe even contributing a little.
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Hay and Watchya from a Brit in Norway

Post by mutepointe »

Hi. I'm here is West Virginia. I started playing wind instruments for my breathing exercises after having heart surgery. I'm doing well not, so not to worry.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Hay and Watchya from a Brit in Norway

Post by Steampacket »

Welcome to Chiff & Fipple Mizmar! Never too late to start playing an instrument. Whereabouts are you based in Norway? We have Norwegian friends who play Irish traditional music and live in Trondheim.