Long time away

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Long time away

Post by mutepointe »

I was talking about the physical balance. I don't yet know about the sound balance. I lost my embouchure and am looking for it again. Lucky for me, whenever someone has asked me to play in public, I have always managed a tune.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
fearfaoin
antispam: No

Post by fearfaoin »

Goodness, I logged in for the first time in forever, and am glad to see this thread. Hi familiar faces. Miss you all.
clarinetwhistler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been quite a few years since I've been to the forums. Looking forward to spending a little more time in the community.

Post by clarinetwhistler »

Been 20 years since I've been out here on the boards, too! Great the community is still going strong and it's nice to see some familiar names and friends out there. Looking forward to checking in once in a while. :)
mukade

Post by mukade »

I think I will be joining you guys again.

My first post was in 2004, but after suffering some nerve damage in my hands due to being assaulted by the horrors of necrotizing fasciitis, I gave up music about 8 years ago.
Sold the pipes, sold my Hammy, and was forced to cancel my order with Makoto Nakatsui for a new set.

I couldn't even face to listen to the music that had been part of my life since my teens.

Then, it started with Matt Molloy's first album - probably my favourite trad album of all time - it crept back onto my playlists, followed by many others.
Recently I also dug out my old plastic Susato low D and squirted out some tunes. I have forgotten a lot, but still remember loads. And the nerve damage that stop me from spreading my fingers has fully healed.

So just today I flung some cash at an obliging maker, and I will be playing a flute again in a few weeks.
I don't think I will ever get back into the pipes - those reed-based demon sticks me enough trouble over the years, but I am looking forward to spreading the bad morals of flute playing.

:shock:
'The people who play the flat pipes usually have more peace of mind. I like that.'
- Tony Mcmahon